Bolts for the rear engine support bar

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshB

Reaction score
Now that my bar is sorted and off being powdercoated I need to get some bolts for it

Anybody know the exact sizes that I need for the 3 bolts that go into the engine?

I need to know something like M8 x ??mm - I have a feeling they may need to be different lengths but not sure

And do they need to be high tensile?

Thanks, JOSH

You need 2 M10X1.5 and 1 M8X1.25, as for length I think and I stress think they are all 75mm long. Again I think the were just standard 8.8 bolts as the case they are screwing into is not that strong. The threads are correct it's the length I'm not absolutely certain about.

Got my crossover engine bar & bolts here:

2x 46mm long M10x1.25 heads have a built in collar
1x 75mm long M8x1.25 10.9
(lengths are overall inc head)
Not sure if crossover lengths are the same but I assume threads are given they all screw into the same engine case.

Took some pics to make it clearer:
DSCF2053.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

The earlier ones use a different support bar and the 2 big bolts are longer. I think the smaller on remains the same and the threads are the same.

Totally OT but is there still a naval ship yard in Newcastle? Used to be ADI owned if I recall correctly.
When I lived in Oz in 96/97 I went there a couple of times when I working on the Huon class minehunter.

Got the bolts - thanks Loxy and Clarkson

Just for reference the 10.9 refers to the ?hardness? of the high tensile bolt

Not 100% sure on the Naval shipyard - only lived in the area 3 years (and not near the Harbour) - don't recall seeing any Navy boats in the Harbour area when I have been in there though. I think most Naval stuff might be done at the shipyards in Sydney.

There is an ADI yard/facilities still in Newcastle (part of the global Thales group) not sure exactly what happens there though as there was a lot of restructuring done throughout Thales...

Araon said:
There is an ADI yard/facilities still in Newcastle (part of the global Thales group) not sure exactly what happens there though as there was a lot of restructuring done throughout Thales...

Another Thales conquest eh, think Ive got some pictures of the minehunter in the car park at ADI somewhere, might have to dig them out to remind me of the good ole days.....

French plans to conquer the business of war :lol:

I turned down a job with the mod divisions and work on LUL instead for them :roll: was for a while considering a move to ADI but the dog wouldnt thank me.....

sorry for the hijack there...

Latest posts