bosch w8cc long reach plugs in a brazillian twinport head ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicargo

Reaction score
hi there, my 1970 vw t2a has a REALLY bad dead spot when accelerating. its had a new carb, new svda electronic distributor, its been tuned and timed and its still got the stupid dead spot :evil: .
the vans got a brazillian 1.6 twinport engine assembled in South Africa on a Brazilian universal case , at the moment its got bosch w8ac short reach plugs fitted.
ive had a look on here and google and know that the mexican tp heads need bosch w8cc long reach plugs or you get a dead spot on acceleration.
so my question is, would a brazillian tp head be the same as a mexican tp head and also need long reach plugs instead of the short reach plugs that are fitted at the moment.
cheers in advance, chicargo

hiya ive got same probs put post up on here on technical engine probs... sorry cant help you with your prob but ya got me thinking whether i need long plugs has i have a mexico engine.. :idea: :idea: :idea: cheers.j

jay&kerry said:
hiya ive got same probs put post up on here on technical engine probs... sorry cant help you with your prob but ya got me thinking whether i need long plugs has i have a mexico engine.. :idea: :idea: :idea: cheers.j

hi jay&kerry, im pretty sure the mexican tp heads do need the long reach plugs. just as a word of caution i would suggest that after youve put the new plugs in and before you start your engine, turn it over by hand just to make sure the plugs dont hit the top of the pistons. ive changed the plugs now to the bosch w8cc long reach plugs and my word what a differance. ive still got a tiny dead spot but nothing at all compared to how it was, this van was almost impossible to drive (especially up hill) and now its a pleasure.
all the best mate, chicargo

Latest posts