Bouncy rear end, Adjustable spring plate settings....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myvanway

Reaction score
Hi, I need help with trying to figure out why I have no movement on my rear end....!?

I have Transporterhaus spring plates and same shocks EvilBen uses on his slammed buses......However, It is shite to drive at the moment and bounces all over the place.
After speaking to the guys at Brighton I decided to have a look....

Bumpstops removed.
Shocks seem sound.
However until I undone the bolt on the spring plate (One I'm painting at.) it didn't move at all!!

So is that bolt suppose to be tight not allowing the plate to move or?? dunno WTF!....

Please help fellow slammers....

Cheers.

Paul. :)

That bolt is to lock the springplate in position. When you loosen it the springplate should drop allowing you to remove the rear wheel.
Put the wheel back on and drop the bus back down, the bolt should move up to where it was previously tightened.

Take the shocks off and then see if you have suspension travel.

Measure the shocks fully open and then closed, and then measure between the bus shock mounts.

Do your driveshaft show signs of hitting the chassis ? it looks in the picture like something has rubbed and removed paint just above the driveshaft.

*Sam* said:
Do your driveshaft show signs of hitting the chassis ? it looks in the picture like something has rubbed and removed paint just above the driveshaft.

Yes Sam, think this is the issue as everything else seems sound.... Raise a spline and shave the lip on the chassis rail..... or notch.......?!?!
Cant drive like this as its going to fuk something up eventually i fink!?....... My back at the moment!!!! :roll: :lol:

You could go up on your adjusters by the looks of it, is it not booked in for rear notches ?

*Sam* said:
You could go up on your adjusters by the looks of it, is it not booked in for rear notches ?

Yes, just wanted to use it till it goes down. this weekend was a little scary... will I make it....?
Spoke to Ben and He said at worst it would have split rubber boots on drive shafts. but TBH all looks ok.
No point in raising it just need to get it down there asap and let him sort it.

Based on that mate I would raise it on the adjuster as its not a big job then just take it steady until you get notched
Assumably you are driving it to Cornwall ? You don't want that drive shaft hitting the chassis rail all the way down, every time it hits I would think it's putting pressure on your wheel bearings, the differential and its bearings.

Latest posts