brake light switches

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super-craig

Reaction score
Hi 8) got to replace the brake light switches , the bus has got 2 pin switches on at present , but the bus has got 3 wires per switch , with 2 wires tucked up and tied out of way :? can they run either switch , well a 2 pin switch in a 3 wire bus , or replace with 3 pins .

you can run either, guess your bus must be a US import.

3rd wire is just for brake light warning circuit, you may have a small warning light on the dash in the clock cluster with a B on it in red, basically checks to see if switches and bulbs work...

most buses have lost this feature now.

Jon

yes it is an american market model , still got the red lights / push button switch on the top right of the clock panel , when i asked the us owner what the red light was for he didnt have a clue :lol: strange thing is , the van got the switch , got 2 pin brake lights , got 2 dangling wires and the red button lights up when you press it :? quirky , bit like my non functioning osf hazard light , but if you leave the indicator in right on position (with ignition off) and put hazards on it works :? :lol:

Don't you just love electrics?!?!

I cringe when anything electrical goes wrong with my VW's - but if you're methodical you can usually get there in the end!!!!

;)

out with the test equipment , scratch the head , have a cuppa and think :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts