Brake lights not working?!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piggy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I don't know if anyone can help. I recently converted my '70 Bay to discs at the front using the CSP kit. This involved fitting some CSP adaptors to the master cylinder, between master cylinder and at the same time I removed and cleaned the brake switches.

Now after reconnecting the rear brake lights don't work. I have checked the wiring aspect of the electric, all is 100% ok, there is power to the switches and the wiring to the rear lights is all ok. However, as soon as the switches are in the circuit the brake lights will not activate through the pedal.

To me it suggests the switches have failed (or one was dead a long time and the other has just failed) but am I missing anything else obvious that can happen with these conversions??

Thanks

James

Bypass the switch by connecting the two wires together (with ign on). If the lights come on, it's the switch. If they don't, it's something else. :)

Thanks guys. All checked and a double switch failure would you believe it!!

New switches fitted and lights are on (when pedal is down!!)

Good news! Where did you buy your brake light switches? I'm looking to buy a couple spares just in case.

Latest posts