Brake regulator ( crossover with discs)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigG

Reaction score
Just failed my mot :cry: on a leaking pressure regulator that sits under the cab area, it regulates the pressure between the front and back brakes on vans with discs.
It seems to be coming from a small bolt at the top and was just wondering if it was a question of retightening or does that mean its had it. Dont want to mess with it too much but dont want to replace it uneccasery at £180.
The brakes passed on everything else btw.
Anyone know anything about these? I didnt even know I had one :oops:

Cheers.

prahaps not much help, but when I fitted disks to my van, i opted for a universal Proportioning Valve like this.

proportioning_valve.jpg

i fitted it under the van. I took it to my local MOT man and adjusted it untill it had the corret ballance, nice bit of kit and a lot less cash than £180

wibbler said:
Just failed my mot :cry: on a leaking pressure regulator that sits under the cab area, it regulates the pressure between the front and back brakes on vans with discs.
It seems to be coming from a small bolt at the top and was just wondering if it was a question of retightening or does that mean its had it. Dont want to mess with it too much but dont want to replace it uneccasery at £180.
The brakes passed on everything else btw.
Anyone know anything about these? I didnt even know I had one :oops:

Cheers.

Your description is too vague. Where exactly is it leaking from?

There should be a bleed nipple on the top of it. Is that where the fluid it leaking from?

Or is it leaking from the brake pipe inlet or outlet union?

Is there a lot of corrosion? If its coming from a bolt then which one?

The bolts holding the unit together would not normally allow fluid to pass since the brake fluid is contained by the gasket between the components, not the bolts.

Theres a (poor) image of the unit here :-

t205100.gif

Cheers for the replys fellas, I only had a brief look at the mot station but it seemed to be coming from the top which had a small bolt, having looked at a pic of one online this seems to be where the bleed nipple normally goes, also read a thread on the samba where one leaked on the join where they go together so think I will need to clean it then press the brake and see where it's coming from a bit more clearly.

Latest posts