brakes seized on a when i drove my camper for the first time

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nudsy82

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone can help, I took my camper out for the first time since I got her over from the states, its a 1972 crossover bay with a servo, the pedal is fairly hard but servo isn't working... I maybe think that the rod that goes through the servo is getting stuck but no brake expert. I'd like to fix it myself

Mate have you got a workshop manual, If not drop me a pm I have a PDF you may need :mrgreen:

If all the wheels were locked most likely the Master cylinder. Mind if one of the brakes is dragging and heats up the fluid in the line it can also lock out the wheel, with 40 HP you may not have the mechanical advantage to overcome it.

Well its had a new master cylinder, just wen I replaced it I noticed that inside the servo was quite rusty etc I was driving along and the brakes made it harder to drive as it was dragging could I need to adjust the brake rod that connects below the pedal through the servo? I've done all the other mechanics and that's fine but not sure about brakes. As for the brake fluid getting hot it did.....

Heres a piccie of the Servo

FIG. 8.18 SERVO MECHANISM. EXPLODED VIEW (SEC. 16)

1 Retaining ring
2 Circlip
3 Air connection
4 Rubber dust excluder
5 Seal
6 Cap
7 Damping ring
8 Filter

I also had the same issue and it did indeed turn out to be the servo. Things were sorted once the rod was adjusted properly. Sounds like you are on the right path, best of luck!

No its all 4 that are sticking I have replaced flexis etc...

ahhh new master cylinder.is it the right one?.the female on the new cylinder offen has a valve in thats meant to be used for drum brakes.ive had to mod these when changing from drums to discs before.

first time i i did the conversion my discs stuck on.theres an old thread on hear but could be 4 years ago now.

had a look for the thread(it wasent mine).cant find it,it had pictures.if i remember i took the valve out and took the nipple of the end put it back and it sorted it.im sure someone will be along to give more accurate info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts