• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breaking California 68 Bay and MORE - Vanfest Delivery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Randy

I see the dash is shot under the glove box :(

I will keep looking for a good early dash pad

Thanks for your time Alan

Hi Randy

I take it you nabbed the reflectors?? what's the steering box like - does it have play [that you can tell ] and how much would you want?

also are your prices in pounds or dollars - sorry if I missed that!

Darren

Prices are in pounds, items to be delivered at Vanfest.

One of the front reflectors looks half decent, the rest are gone.

Steering box is VERY loose... :shock:

parts im interested in are

full lock set

complete front wheel arches

and the solid pipe that goes from the brake reservoir plastic bottle through bottom of front panel to brake master cylinder ( need the complete pipe )

how much would i be looking for £ for this lot

thanks steve

Hi there, how much for the rear quarter panels? , cut from level with the back door down, and from the back door round to the seam on the side of the van?

Thank you everybody for the inquiries!
Looks like there are many wanting bits off this Van...and that is a good thing. Good homes for everything is what I am after.

Please get on it quick if you would like something, I need to get it all packed in the Bus by this upcoming Friday to ship off to the UK!

I looked closer at the rear apron/valance and it is not as clean as I first saw...there are two small sections on the back corners (deepest into the engine room) that have been trimmed and patched with aluminum. It is fully functional but it is not "virgin"

Reduced price as a result... 30 pounds.

We have the Van almost all apart now...just a few bits remaining and then the suspension. The "butcher" comes Wed for the disection... very very solid Bus...if anyone needs rockers or corners or dog legs, etc...let me know!

Hey everybody, I have had a couple people that seemed concerned about sending deposits on parts to someone they dont know in the US and I can understand that. Im new to the website, etc, etc...perhaps it is foolish of me to ask.

Let me introduce myself though as I think that will help. Im Randy Carlson, the owner of [url}http://www.oldbug.com[/url] here in California. You can see some of my past VW builds at http://www.oldbug.com/press.htm and if you read Volksworld Van and Camper magazine you may have seen the trip article on last year's UK trip by my wife and I where we drove Volksworld editor Ivan's T25 Westy 1500 miles through the UK.

In short...Ive been seriously involved in the VW scene for many many years and have a pretty stellar reputation out there. If you send me the funds, you will certainly get what you paid for! I am going to be bringing the parts to the show no matter what...sold or unsold, but I know when I am there I will see what other traders are getting for stuff and will probably adjust the prices accordingly (still keeping them under market so they sell...Im not bringing the stuff back home with me!). Pre-selling the stuff helps me pay for the trip up front and that helps me quite a bit. Shipping a Van over there and then flying over to get it is not a cheap undertaking and it is the first time I have done it...pretty scary on my end! :shock:

I very much look forward to the trip and to meeting everybody. If it is a successful trip, I will definitely do it again...maybe have the annual parts grab for everybody and help everyone get the goods they need at reasonable rates...and have some fun in the process!

mroldbug said:
Hey everybody, I have had a couple people that seemed concerned about sending deposits on parts to someone they dont know in the US and I can understand that. Im new to the website, etc, etc...perhaps it is foolish of me to ask.

Let me introduce myself though as I think that will help. Im Randy Carlson, the owner of [url}http://www.oldbug.com[/url] here in California. You can see some of my past VW builds at http://www.oldbug.com/press.htm and if you read Volksworld Van and Camper magazine you may have seen the trip article on last year's UK trip by my wife and I where we drove Volksworld editor Ivan's T25 Westy 1500 miles through the UK.

In short...Ive been seriously involved in the VW scene for many many years and have a pretty stellar reputation out there. If you send me the funds, you will certainly get what you paid for! I am going to be bringing the parts to the show no matter what...sold or unsold, but I know when I am there I will see what other traders are getting for stuff and will probably adjust the prices accordingly (still keeping them under market so they sell...Im not bringing the stuff back home with me!). Pre-selling the stuff helps me pay for the trip up front and that helps me quite a bit. Shipping a Van over there and then flying over to get it is not a cheap undertaking and it is the first time I have done it...pretty scary on my end! :shock:

I very much look forward to the trip and to meeting everybody. If it is a successful trip, I will definitely do it again...maybe have the annual parts grab for everybody and help everyone get the goods they need at reasonable rates...and have some fun in the process!

Hi Guys

You can trust Randy 100% he is a big player in the vw scene in the us

Alan

Thanks for that Alan!

I have the Van all stripped down and sectioned and I have updated the photos at http://www.oldbug.com/68part.htm to show the parts that are currently available and will be brought to Vanfest.

The bits are all being loaded in the Van this weekend and it ships out Monday!!

Hi all looking at this Bus,
Just to say that I was as skeptical at first , but Randy comes with the highest recommendations, I for one have sent money and will be collecting my parts from Randy at Vanfest. Looking forward to it!

The rear backing plates (well actually the whole rear suspension) has been sold already...sorry on that.

The vintage STOP light does have a mounting bracket and Im wanting 75 pounds for that... if it doesn't sell I might just bring that one home...I've had it for such a long time, but never found the right car to fit it to !

Just an update on the progress, the Van and all the parts have been delivered to the port today and are officially on their way.

There are a couple parts photographed that did not make it, such as the rear roof section and the fender arches for the rear. The rear bumper is staying here as well ( I realized it was far nicer than the one I had for my 68 Dormobile) but the one off the Dormobile is packed in and on it's way...it is painted, a little hammered in the center, but it does have the overrider guards. A decent pair of rear bumper irons is coming as well.

I also packed up an assortment of VW Bus toys, a whole pile of my Oldbug.com Freak Show T-Shirts, and I also at the last minute stuffed in a pretty big stack of event posters from past California events such as Bug-In, Drag Day, VW Classic and the like...I will never have enough wall space to display them all, and they slid neatly under the bed pad on the rear deck. I managed to find one small poster from the Little Miss Sunshine film with the yellow Bay on it...I can already picture folks fighting for that one.

My mate Barry loaded in some Coleman coolers filled with trinkets, a surfboard, a beach cruiser bike and who knows what all else...we should have quite the stand full of goodies.

I will continue to strike deals on the parts while they are on the way over there. In a dreamy world I will sell all of it in the first day and spend the rest of the weekend partying with all you lovely folks!!

If this trip is successful, I hope to make it an annual event and can hopefully help the Early Bay Faithful gather needed parts from here in California and get decent deals along the way. The wife and I had such a great time last year, we really want to come back often and spend time in the UK...if I can help pay for the trips with the sale of some parts, than it makes it an even brighter possibility!

Thank you to all who have put their trust in me with sending deposits early on here...it is greatly appreciated!

Hi Randy

Can you have a look for a really good condition electrical socket for my Campermobile, I am also looking for the gasket and male plug that fits this socket. The one that goes in this hole

049-1.jpg

I dont think that these are available in the UK.

Price drop on a few of the bits...

Complete lock set including engine lid lock and ignition tumbler and all exterior door handles with matching key
200 pounds.

The big vintage STOP light, 50 pounds.

Still have the doors, rear corners, seat tracks, rear hatch, dog legs and some other bits available.
The rear vent wings are still available, as are the fronts (fronts have broken latches, but are super solid).
Rear bumper irons, used and abused rear bumper blade with two bumper guards.

View the link in the above post to see the photos!

Latest posts