brms on standard bay ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourbays

Reaction score
Fancy a set of brm alloys on my 68 bay standard ride height :shock: ,dont want to mess with the suspension,seen brms advertised in sizes 5 and 5.5 x 15. not sure what size to go for,dont want em lookin too small in the arches or too big and rubbin with a load onboard.anyone out there runnin a standard height bay with these wheels on and what tyre sizes and rim sizes,seen several lowered vans with the alloy centre caps missing ,do they fall off or centre nuts too big for caps.?any info or pics gratefully recived :wink: thanks

fourbays said:
Fancy a set of brm alloys on my 68 bay standard ride height :shock: ,dont want to mess with the suspension,seen brms advertised in sizes 5 and 5.5 x 15. not sure what size to go for,dont want em lookin too small in the arches or too big and rubbin with a load onboard.anyone out there runnin a standard height bay with these wheels on and what tyre sizes and rim sizes,seen several lowered vans with the alloy centre caps missing ,do they fall off or centre nuts too big for caps.?any info or pics gratefully recived :wink: thanks

I was thinking about alloys for my stock Bay. But when I saw this pic posted by Speedman earlier I have changed my mind there is just too much space between the wheel and the arch...

retro429.jpg

Stock height and wheels FTW :D, dare to be different.:D

Actually I just put, the new wheels and caps on my bus, she is nearly ready for MOT, stock FTW.

DSCF1995.jpg

here is a pic of my Bay running stock height with BRM's (not sure what the size are sorry) but i have since gone back to stock wheels.

Not sure what to do with BRM's a part of me says sell and another part says keep.

DSC01626.jpg

thanks for the replys guys,my bay has 185x14s on at moment,anyone know an equivilent size in 15 inch if you know what i mean, :?: so they fill the arches? : :)

195/85/15 are similar, check out this link: http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
There is a calculator right at the bottom

There a lot of buses getting around here with the black BRms with standard height. They look OK to me. If you have the 15s with a higher profile they will fill the wheel arches a bit more. I don't think you will ever have any clearance problems with standard suspension as there is tons of room in there. Your speedo will be a little innacurate though. It will read slowere than your actual speed so be carefull or you will get an unpleasant surprise. It will also affect your gearing a bit so it will slow your progress a tad on the big hills.

Latest posts