Bus Recovery Picture Thread

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting a tow by my dad from outside the house after the clutch gave up. Trip to the seaside to fix it 8)

recovery.jpg

Bank holiday Monday on the way to Bamburgh...recovered all the way to Nottingham to get the box welded back in at 5 in the morning (cheers Dave from Deaddubs) back in Bambugh for tea on Tuesday! :(

SAM_1259.jpg

SAM_1264.jpg

SAM_1266.jpg

It all worked out ok in the end..... :D

After 3 weeks of driving and about 5000km from Belgium to Norway via Switzerland without a glitch, my coil died at about 100km from home, after 15 hours of driving non stop, in the middle of the night. I hade some spare parts but of course not another coil. :oops:

6171_123471436862_578081862_2936027_1951062_n.jpg

Got home, put another coil in, drove the van in the garage! :evil: At least we got to sleep for the last hour... :lol:

friday morning, just loaded up for peppercorn.
002-9.jpg

my own fault, running the gauntlet for too long (running without filters)
a small piece of metal went in the stack on #3 and wedged the inlet valve open. lucky not enough to cause damage but enough to cause a frantic friday afternoon strip down. made it to peppercorn friday evening just a bit later than planned ;)

Has anyone not had theirs recovered by a lorry ?

We certainly havent, we have a photo of ours on a big yellow lorry !

Family camping trip - Alternator bearing collapsed!

Nice AA man brought me and van home (had to go back to campsite in car).

Initially tried front hoist lift - no good van too low to be towed

TheAAmanhelpingthevanandMartin.jpg

Therearofthevanisscrapingalongthefloor.jpg

wagon ordered for piggy back home.

Gettingon.jpg

Nearlyup.jpg

Seeyouwhenwegetbackfromholiday.jpg

Scarpped towbar getting on and off.

gvee said:
Dude, get the date stamp on your camera corrected - this was like 3 weeks ago! :p

That breakdown was in 2008, the most recent one where the wheel bearing went i haven't got pictures of.

Latest posts