Buyers guide.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJP

Reaction score
Hi guys. Looking into buying a bay window. I've seen a few I like. I have a rough idea of what to look for but a few more hints would be good.

Or is there a link someone could put me on to?

Cheers.

buy an early . not late and you will be half way there!!

buy on structure not paint and engine , interior etc.

depends on budget my friend really,

There was a guide some time ago but feck knows where....

Look at the differences section and that will help tell you wether you have any issues regarding the year.....

As said its the steel you need to make sure of....

But the first thing you need to identify is what model you want then the budget you have.

And the best bit of advice take someone along that ideally knows bays inside out, or old VWs or a decent mechanically minded chap that will steer you away and has no emotional ties to your purchase.

Be wary of belly pans as they can hide lots of troublesome areas!

If you like a van that has them on try and get them off to have a good look before buying

bertiethebus said:
Where you based? :)

Cornwall bud.

Belly panel vans?

I've already spoken to a friend of a friend who has advised me but I figured a few more opinions on a 40 year old van won't hurt.

A panel van, in theory wont have pans but......

just be wary theres a lot of rotters work there way down there......

Here's a thread off another great bus forum in Australia.
http://forums.kombiclub.com/showthread.php?t=1292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you live in cornwall then come along to our workshop and take a look at whats going on and see the difference between a south african import and the british busses...maybe then you`ll get a clearer picture and a better idea of whats good within your budget.
Give me a call on 07778995430

scott wilson said:
if you live in cornwall then come along to our workshop and take a look at whats going on and see the difference between a south african import and the british busses...maybe then you`ll get a clearer picture and a better idea of whats good within your budget.
Give me a call on 07778995430
brtish buses are normally lighter :lol:

Latest posts