Buying 'Bits'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie

Reaction score
I'm new to this VW game and wonder if there is 'one' supplier that does the best quality bits and bobs for a bus?

At the moment I'm looking for a Nose Badge for a 71 Deluxe Microbus, I've seen different shops selling what looks to me to be the 'same' thing but at different prices.

Personally I would like to buy decent quality stuff so is there a particular supplier I should be looking at?

ATB.

If only it were that easy!!

Unfortunately there are some suppliers that don't seem too concerned about quality - although I'm pleased to say that some do!

We're a pretty helpful and savvy crowd on here I think, so if there's something in particular you're after you might want to start a "where's the best place to buy a ..." thread (or do a search first in case it's been covered before). Generally, though, I think you get what you pay for - you might find it useful to visit a local show and compare before you buy.

I notice you're on Hayling Island - there's a show (BeachBuggin') on Southsea Common next weekend, might be a good first port of call.

Juss

;)

Thats the thing Juss - they all look the same in the parts books to me so I've no idea if xxx Nose Badge is better than yyy Nose Badge.

We are going to Beach Buggin' next Sunday for a mooch about. :)

I agree with the above advice as for e.g. one particular supplier may have better seals,where as another supplier may have better door mirrors or gasket sets.I'd also sugest researching the parts you want each time. the only things that seem to be generic are reproduction body panels,a lot of them come from the same press,but are sold by different companies.

Latest posts