C&C

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purpledog07

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Danbury combi
Hi guys, anyone know if I can get hold of custom.. on here as they are not responding to their contact form and don't have a phone number anymore?

Hi guys, anyone know if I can get hold of custom.. on here as they are not responding to their contact form and don't have a phone number anymore?
Hey @purpledog07 i know they are on Facebook. Have you tried on messenger perhaps ? They might be more active on there.🙂.🤙.

Don't really use it, I'm not a fan of Facebook, too intrusive and pestering for me!
I've spent quite a bit with them as their products are top notch for the most part, a bit pricey sometimes but the quality is usually there. It's always my first port of call when looking for parts.
if it's that hard to get hold of them, I'll have to shop elsewhere. Customer service is king, a faceless, sales only email just doesn't cut it for most folks.
Machine7 went the same way with the phone and they are gone now.

I have found this number for them and i found they changed it to 01372 452622 in 2017. Give it a go. 🤙.

Try Schofield's instead, much better service and they stock good quality parts although a smaller range

I’ve emailed Scholfield twice over two weeks for technical support and had nothing back. I’ve been to their premises in Glossop and they were very helpful, but don’t appear to answer emails.

Hey guys, thanks for the number, I'll save it. I had a newer number after doing a return, but it doesn't work anymore.
To be fair, if they don't want to talk to customers that's fine, but it will lead to more returns due to unanswered questions and more customers for other vendors.
It's a shame because they do a big range and lots of quality items they make or rework, so you only pay for postage once. If you have to shop around the postage really adds up.
I'm going to need a centre and maybe rear outrigger and all three offside sills for a rhd '72 lowlight.
Can anybody recommend where to get decent ones from?
Please only recommend if you have bought and fitted and we're happy with the quality, thickness and fit.
I've bought panels and body parts from all over and the perfect/correct fit ones are often not much better. It seems very hit and miss.

...oh and bottom of front panel inner strengthener, lower outer skin, corner closing panels and, maybe a bit of front chassis leg.

They are all becoming complacent so vote with your feet and do not use them. all their products are from one or two main suppliers and probably most is made in China. chrome parts rust and alloy wheel corrode within months. Chrome plating involves a long and complex process, beginning with buffing, polishing, cleaning, dipping in acid, adding zinc and copper plating.
For show chrome, the process is finished by re-buffing, cleaning and re-dipping, plating added copper, two to three types of nickel plating and finally, the chrome plating. They do not do the full process that is why it is nasty an ultimately rusts.

They are all becoming complacent so vote with your feet and do not use them. all their products are from one or two main suppliers and probably most is made in China. chrome parts rust and alloy wheel corrode within months. Chrome plating involves a long and complex process, beginning with buffing, polishing, cleaning, dipping in acid, adding zinc and copper plating.
For show chrome, the process is finished by re-buffing, cleaning and re-dipping, plating added copper, two to three types of nickel plating and finally, the chrome plating. They do not do the full process that is why it is nasty an ultimately rusts.
Is that what they call triple chrome plating ? I’ve heard this term mentioned before but not known what it meant. Or have I just added two and two and got eleven? :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,everyday is a schoooooll day :)

It is indeed triple nickel chrome, as found on old tools etc. Snap-on shiny stuff used to be triple nickel plated back in the day.
What annoys me is that you can buy the cheapest basic chromed metal sink tap from just about anywhere and it will last for years wether cleaned regularly or left shit-high, but the expensive air-cooled parts we pay small fortunes for don't last 5mins outside.
Expensive is a perspective thing though, as I get older everything seems so much more expensive but I have to remind myself that fags are £12+ and pints £5+.
Spending more for better quality often costs less than a modest take-away dinner I wouldn't think twice about!
Which makes it all the more disappointing when the inevitable pitting and tiny breakouts start.
Don't get me started on mirror arms.

Latest posts