Cab bunk over the front seats...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke

Reaction score
Hi all, we have a 3 month old baby and went camping for the first time with her a couple of weeks ago. She did great but we soon realised that she will need somewhere to sleep when she outgrows her bassinet. The cab bunks which go over the front seats seem the obvious solution and our van already has fitments for one (I think these were put in by Devon when it was converted). We are struggling to find one which will fit, does anyone know if these are still available or will we have to put in new brackets for a different bed? I have posted some pictures of the original fitting below. Thanks in advance :D
IMG_20160612_125007_zpspxaafhrj.jpg

IMG_20160612_124954_zpsmmotiygu.jpg

IMG_20160612_124941_zpsipg9tmed.jpg

I haven't seen a cab bunk that uses fitting based on those holes. The repro ones that are commonly avaialable are more akin to the ones in my westy where the brackets screw into the pillars so you may just have to bite the bullet and fit the new fixings.

For info we had our eldest in a cab bunk from about 8 months and she was great, no problems at all.

Hi, I've got the same holes in my Devon, pretty sure they are for the original Devon cab bunk.
I fitted a Blue Bird Customs cab bunk to my T25 and that used similar drilled holes, I'm sure their bay one works I the same way.
The width of the canvas and the hole location would have to match up though.
I"ll be interested to know how you get on as I will want to do the same in my Devon.
Cheers
Dave

I have the original Devon extending poles in my bus that fit this. Never seen another set for sale though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go, link below.... as said above they are available from Bluebird Customs, we have one for our little girl. The bunk is at the bottom of the page.....

http://www.bluebird-type2.co.uk/Split%20bay%20interior.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts