Calling Dormobile Baywindow camper owners

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkey

Reaction score
Hey folks - if you have a bay window dormobile, I'm wondering if you can help me out.

I need a couple of pictures of the bracket that goes at the top of the lifting arm. Its the bracket that is mounted on the roof.

Rather stupidly, I've lost my splitscreen ones, but I do have a pair of bay window ones, however they're not the same. The bay ones look like they have 3 positions that the end of the arm can be set at, whilst the split ones were one position only. I'd like to see how the arm is attached to the bracket with the 3 positions. I'm guessing it's not just with a nut and bolt..

Many thanks for your help.

Matt

Got a couple of pics I took before here that might be of use:
http://s35.photobucket.com/user/Goldetop/library/Roof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can try and get some more but won't be near the bus for a week at least.

Wow - they are really helpful!! They have exactly the information that I need.

It looks to me like the arm is the same, the 3 positions just allow for a little adjustment I guess. Start at the top one and go down if you need to tension it.

Do you think there are washers on both sides? I'm guessing so?

IIRC there are washers on both sides, not sure if ever be able to move to the lower settings original roof canvas is tight enough on the current setting :)

Loxy said:
IIRC there are washers on both sides, not sure if ever be able to move to the lower settings original roof canvas is tight enough on the current setting :)
Do you mind if I refer to your pictures when I re-assemble? There's loads of really useful pictures in there! I wish I'd done the same!

Latest posts