Campsite recommendations near Padstow?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bears Dad

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

We’re squeezing in a quick week in Cornwall beginning of July.

I’ve booked 3 nights at Arhur’s Field, Treloan, and looking for somewhere to spend another 3 on the North coast – was thinking somewhere near Padstow...?

Has to be 4-leg friendly.

Any suggestions, recommendations, avoids etc?

Magic Cove - Mawgan Porth....

nice small site cheap well situated clean with a dog area above the camping where you can let the dogs off the leads, people are realy nice too....

5 mins leisurely stroll to the beach and a decent pub

Its rare to find a space though as its popular with most people returning year on year.....

Hi Araon - cheers for that - just had a peep on Google Earth and it looks like a good location.

Do you know if dogs are allowed on the beach that time of year?

Dogs allowed on the beach all year, fishing is good there unless your stood next to me and the swimming is great, good rock pooling for the kids when its not been too stormy......surfing not so good but you can nip down the coast a few miles ....

I love the area, theres a decent shop there and a beach wear type shop, two pubs one more of a modern gastro pub and a tad costly but the food is good, the other pub has a decent beer garden overlooking the bay and sells a good pint of Doom Bar.....

its in a valley and has steep roads all around so make sure your motor can pull.....

This is a good web site to find dog friendly beaches in Cornwall.

http://www.thecornishcoast.co.uk/DOGM.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dennis Cove campsite is just outside Padstow on the Camel Trail.

http://www.virtualpix.co.uk/webservices/virtualtours/campsitepadstow.htm?camp-padstow-recp_medres.ipx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,
Rob :D

Dennis Cove looks good - cheers Kombi Zombie

Anybody been across the water to Tristram Camping And Caravan Park near Polzeath?

Bears Dad said:
Dennis Cove looks good - cheers Kombi Zombie

Anybody been across the water to Tristram Camping And Caravan Park near Polzeath?

Yes years ago before we had Dog's, their not allowed on Polzeath Beach. :(
Nice place but very exspensive in high season, 4 peeps 2 dogs no leccy £51 a night. :shock: & that was the cheap field. :shock:

Bears Dad said:
Hi everyone...

We’re squeezing in a quick week in Cornwall beginning of July.

I’ve booked 3 nights at Arhur’s Field, Treloan, and looking for somewhere to spend another 3 on the North coast – was thinking somewhere near Padstow...?

Has to be 4-leg friendly.

Any suggestions, recommendations, avoids etc?

If you fancy heading a bit further down the coast, check out Tollgate Farm (Perranporth). A great site that I have visiited time and time again. Dog friendly quiet site. Family run (A real nice family too!). Also a selection of small animals to look at....goats,chickens,chipmunks etc! Alltogether a real nice clean and well run site and good rates too! And Perranporth is such a COOL place!....Enjoy!

Know its an old thread but may help others looking.. Mawgan porth was a great shout.. ive been going there since I was 10 and so 21 years later I still go.. I stay at a place just up the road at Bedruthan steps. A campsite at Bedruthan farm. . Dog friendly and fishing pool.. great place and walk up the track across the road to the top of the steps that wind down to the beach.. love the area so much

Dennis Cove.

Great campsite, only 10 mins walk into Padstow via the camel trail. We stayed here a couple of years ago and had a great time.

Dennis Cove is ideal - walking distance to Padstow.

We also like this near Porthcothan - http://www.carnevasholidaypark.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts