Can water get into cab through the front grill ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
I currently have water leaking into the cab so that when I lift the rubber mats it is soaking.

My first thought was the normal windscreen leaks but for the life of me I can't trace it, tried the hose pipe, talc etc but no joy. Also I had the windscreen replaced not long after purchase and the windscreen guys also used a bond to help with this so whilst I appreciate that it could still leak I would have thought that this would make it less likely.

I then got to thinking about the front grill and where the water that enters here goes ? Sshould there be some sort of drain behind the kick panels ? I've had a look and can't see anything obvious or where anything should connect to.

The bus is a LHD '71, so if there is something could anyone tell me which side of the bus I should be looking and also wher it connects etc. If anyone has any pics that would be a massive help

Thanks

Morning dude!
The list I have of leaks is
Windscreen
Washer jets
Door seals
Aerial hole

As for the front vents, on mine there is (what's left of it) a pipe connected to the bottom of the sir box which drops down the front panel and drains out there

Hiya matey,

is that on the LH or RH side of the bus. Ive checked the RHS and cant see anything. I'm wondering if when I had the repair done on the front a couple of years ago it was removed and then not replaced.

Space is tight there though what with the washer bottle etc and I can see anywhere that the tube would connect to top or bottom, does anyone have any pics ?

Actually found a good pic on the internet and seen exactly where it runs. Just checked mine and the pipe is still there just not connected to the bottom of the airbox so winner winner.

I don't know if thats the leak completely fixed but at least it's one cause ruled out, cheer matey.

Latest posts