canvas pop top. How easy is it to make yr own?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :shock:
has anyone out there ever made their own pop top, obviously l mean the canvas part? i just need to replace the canvas bit.
cheers
smiler :lol:

i should imagine its not an easy task, but still do-able.

i dont know much about different roof canvas' but first thing i would do is source the fabric you need. Then use your old canvas as a kind of template. Difficulties may arise if you need to sew sections together and keeping it waterproof.

It would be cool if you can find a funky canvas, with patterns etc...or a slogan?

If it was me, i'd take the easy option and buy a new one from a shop

When my new Devon canvas arrived I was surprised how simple it looked - I would imagine that a Sailmaker or Tent Repair Man (?) could knock up something very similar for you - I'm just gutted that I couldn't get hold of a canvas with windows at the time - they are pretty pricey, though!!!

;)

we got our new canvas from a canal boat cover maker. its waterproof canvas sewn together with watertight corners. she got us a colour to match the van paint too. cost us 140.00 :shock: but is just right.

now thats an idea,

i do so want to change mine. it is all there just old and grubby.

first things first let me get the rest done.

van is going to hayden tomorrow to have the interior sorted out, nice new paint job and sort out a few other issues, then hopefully send my van down to have the new units fitted. I just need to find a decent trimer to do some new door cards and recover my seats

Latest posts