CB Split Bus Narrowed Beams Converted to fit Bays!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ER-LY

Reaction score
Check out Ben's new look Bay narrowed beam conversion - it's the Daddy!
AirKraft have been up to tricks recently converting CB Peformance 4 inch narrowed Split Bus beams to fit Bays of all years. Using Split Bus dropped spindles and Split trailing arms, you can go super-low without the hassle of snapping ball joints etc. The ride is super smooth, also.
Using a laser-cut adaptor bracket designed in-house, it is possible to adapt a Split Bus CB beam to fit a Bay window in approximately one hour!
Hope you like the before and after pix folks! 8) Cheers, matt k

Before... lowered about as much as you can go on ball joints

01-3.jpg

Not great tyre clearance...

02-3.jpg

The beam modded to fit

03-2.jpg

Bolted up...

04-2.jpg

Post op...

05-2.jpg

Mother Tucker...

06-3.jpg

Looking good :)

Mine's done pretty much the same way but with a 2" narrowed CB performance split bus beam.

DSC03067small.jpg

definitely the best way to go low with nice ride quality.

that looks perfek! both buses! 8)

are there any issues with clearance on the 2" beam Ego? and what tread are you running?

have you a link to airkraft and what was the damage on this op?

id better not let tina see this ! she"ll be wanting me to do all sorts of things to here new 72 . bus looks well tidy !!! YOU KNOWS IT !! 8)

If anyone in the UK is interested in this, the Bus Barn quoted me around £1000 to do it... There's a fair bit of work involved.
8)

that looks perfek! both buses!

are there any issues with clearance on the 2" beam Ego? and what tread are you running?

have you a link to airkraft and what was the damage on this op?

No real issues with clearance - got about an inch of space between the top of the tyre and the arch :) Fronts are 175/55.
I dont have a link to Airkraft - got mine done at Roadhouse by Monkeyspinner Tim.

Olson said:
If anyone in the UK is interested in this, the Bus Barn quoted me around £1000 to do it... There's a fair bit of work involved.
8)

is the price of the beam on top??

whats it work out in total

AirKraft said:
The beam itself is £420 in 2 inch narrowed form. This includes new leaf springs and narrowed track rods (also new). Narrowing another 2 inches is about another £80, but is something you could do easily yourself. As your Bus is early, you will not need any adaptor brackets, so a saving there. We do a shock absorber extension tower that bolts to the CB beam so that you can run pretty much any shock you want. These are £40 a pair.
We do king and links fully rebuilt and dropped for £325 exchange. We have them in stock, on the shelf (early and late). If you do not have a core, the surcharge is £100.
Trailing arms come in at about £100 a set. Also in stock - both early and late.
Steering drop arms - you can fit your early one.

i think its total, there are a few things they need in exhanged as you can see above ^^ (this was posted on restowagen).

i have a 71, low fronts and small rear lights, its got discs and 5x112 pcd, would i need adapters to fit this beam?

slammedresto said:
Olson said:
8)

is the price of the beam on top??

whats it work out in total

They use your beam and fit k/l end plates I think. That was the total I was quoted, all in. 8)
Takes about three days.

We also do shock tower extension plates called the 'AirPlate'. Basically, they bolt on to the CB Split Bus beam in about 5 mins and allow you to run pretty much any shock you like, including long air shocks. They are laser cut from 10mm thick steel and cost £40 a pair if anyone is interested.

airplatelowres.jpg

brings me back to the question....

Will a pre 67 beam bolt onto a 71 that has ball joint discs?

i was thinking of going linkpin to get a little lower.
anyone?

Johnnyâ„¢ said:
brings me back to the question....

Will a pre 67 beam bolt onto a 71 that has ball joint discs?

i was thinking of going linkpin to get a little lower.
anyone?

A CB Split Bus beam will fit with our adaptor brackets. Take about an hour to weld on 8)

Now your talking, good work!
I had a 4" narrowed beam on my samba, have now had it modified to 6"
each side and am lov'in it!

05-2.jpg

[/quote]