Cheap Insurance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am Weasel

Reaction score
My only transport at the minute is my 1970 Westy, it's fully comp insured with full no claims bonus on it, I need to buy a car so I can still keep rollin when the van ain't, I plan to use my NCB on the car, but am guessing this is going to make my van insurance go up?? Is there any way round this or any good insurance companies anyone can recommend that won't batter me on price???

You pose what is possibly an unanswerable question, I reckon. :|

Logically, your insurance will rise as you are now insuring two vehicles not one, and gaining the benefit of the NCD on the car is probably going to be the best option. Again, logically, your mileage on the bus will drop significantly, so a limited mileage policy ought to enable you to get a good deal from any of the main players, probably better than your present deal even without NCD. Whichever way you play this, you can't escape the fact that you are insuring two vehicles now, albeit you can only drive one at a time of course (unless you have a second named driver...there are so many variables to insurance that it is virtually impossible to answer this sort of question in a forum). Maybe enquire about a multi vehicle policy, although I have now found these to be economical personally? Good luck, and do tell when you find when you make enquiries.

Kev

Kev, I'm not buying the car until October, so that all insurance payments can go out on the same date, but I will report back :D ....it was more a case in what other people who own 2 vehicles do, I know I'm gonna fork out more but its a case of damage limitation lol

Hi
Some years ago i drove an estate car with full NCB over 10 years, Than i bought a Merc Vito (for personal use not business) my insurance company would not transfer the NCB to the van "i was not a happy bunny" so i had to start again from year zero, don't know if this is the same regarding a camper but i would check first

Vinvan

Latest posts