choppachris' '70

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppachris

Reaction score
Ok, so I've got the bus fever...while trying to save money for parts on my yellow '71, I found a deal I couldn't pass up on a '70. This bus is titled, registered, and runs...just needs brakes and a wheel bearing. It really needs more than that, but it rolls. The original color is two tone dove blue and white...but the PO used the drivers door, sliding door, and both rear hatches off of a red '69 then sprayed the rest of the body with red primer. Plans are to re-spray dove blue and white, slamm it, and either raders or empi 5 spokes. I'll probably steal the bumpers off my '71, they're nearly perfect. Also will likely put my new motor I was building for the '71 in this one when it's complete. I have a new rebuilt longblock sitting in my livingroom 8) Santa is bringing me a set of dual 40's and a 36hp doghouse fan shroud, gotta save up for the alternator and a few other pieces then it's on.

redbus.jpg

nebus1.jpg

CIMG0809.jpg

CIMG0826.jpg

CIMG0828.jpg

CIMG0810.jpg

CIMG0830.jpg

busselectablue.jpg

I'm ordering a set of link pin beam conversion sideplates and a set of tubes next week, and also keeping an eye out for a drum to drum original 64-67 beam for all my other parts. I think I like the look of the steelies after checking out all the pics of slammed busses here, so I started cleaning up and painting my wheels this weekend. I also picked up some oven cleaner and steel wool and started the task of removing the flat red spray paint. A few panels aren't og and i'll have to try and match the dove blue, but i think i can make it look pretty close.

right front:
CIMG0866.jpg

left front:
CIMG0876.jpg

starting to remove spray paint:
CIMG0870.jpg

Hello mate and welcome 8) nice bus you have, im looking forward to the build up :mrgreen:

Latest posts