CHROME BADGE FIXING / REMOVAL

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOR-BAY

Reaction score
Hi All.
After a recent number of failed attempts at buying a good quality 10" badge I finally had success at Vanfest. I maybe going a bit daft but I can't find any threads about removing and the old one and fixing the new one.

Is it just a case of grabbing hold of the existing metal painted one and pulling it off? I have removed the interior cab trim and can see no way of accessing from inside.

I have the four plastic clips to secure the new one.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Simon. 72 Devon Moonraker (complete with original interior)

Nugsy said:
ZedBed said:
Can I have your old one?
Far to many US bus's coming in without a nose badge but complete with a spare wheel shaped dent instead :lol: :lol:

Or a spare wheel bracket fixed on with a rawplug and about 15 random pop rivets! Like mine! Luckily most of the holes are hidden.

Post up how you remove it, i have a OG badge and fixings fitted now, but would like to remove and fix up the holes sometime. Is it just pull off hard?

Cheers,

Alistair

Yes pull and make sure you stop the clips trying to come out with it or it's get stuck/break the clips.

Thanks for the advise.. This morning I successfully prised the painted one off with the aid of a large flat bladed screwdriver wrapped in an old towel. The new chromed one now in it's place looks the DB's. The thing is, I think im going to need new healight rims as they are now shamed by the new badge!

I'm going to keep the old painted badge just in case 'some one' takes a fancy to my new one..

Thanks for the help.
Simon
72 Devon Moonraker

Latest posts