Chrome or Polished....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...thought that might get you thinking ;) I was really just thinking about what is the done thing with VW's. For example in the hot rod scene, if it's not painted it pretty much goes in the chromer. Is chrome cool on a bus or is it considered bling?

Bwuttonmoon said:
I put my personal taste on my bus but I do like chrome... doesnt matter to me if its considered cool or not :p

...yeah agree ultimately you want to do what you like, always good to get ideas though.

Rob b said:
Chrome easier to look after then polished also stainless steel is amazing too

Yeah I just spend the whole weekend polishing my Empi 5's...one of the reasons I asked the question. Chrome would be way easier to look after...

Humphrey said:
Rob b said:

Yeah I just spend the whole weekend polishing my Empi 5's...one of the reasons I asked the question. Chrome would be way easier to look after...

I would rather spend all weekend polishing Empi's than staring at the chrome flaking off :(

ground hugger said:
Humphrey said:
Rob b said:

I would rather spend all weekend polishing Empi's than staring at the chrome flaking off :(

Is it really that bad? Good quality chrome is supposed to be hard as nails?

ground hugger said:
My van is left out side open to the elements, and with in 18 months the chrome would rub off.
There MWS wheels

Thanks, that's good to know.

Anyone else had similar experience with any of the other brands...SSP for example?

Humphrey said:
Rob b said:

Any pics 8)
Thinking about polishing mine! What did you use?

If its chrome make sure its quality,mine runs on chromed american eagles superb quality three years on bus still ilke new much easier than polished to look after no comparison,mws cough cough,pay a bit more to get a lot more .

you can always polish polished wheels,

Chrome if you kurb it you are screwed, to get a wheel rechromed is just a nightmare.

Polished EVERY TIME!

Just dont forget about them and keep up the polishing!

also dont leave them on during the winter re fit your steels and keep them inside the dry and warm!

OK so I tried...!

Before...
95f10447-53b6-9283.jpg

After...
95f10447-53ce-ece4.jpg

Latest posts