classic car rescue

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickJ

Reaction score
Anyone watching classic car rescue on. Channel 5 they're doing a beetle :lol: :lol:

full_left_column_CCR_EP7_(1)_640x360.jpg

What a god awfull show...

he used to be next door to me in Bethnal green with the indian guy what a pair of cupid stunts :lol:

Awful, awful show. Not sure why I still find myself watching it!

No idea how they managed to spend £13k in parts - but seeing as our friend Bernie reckoned the 74 came with an 1100 engine in it (which, if I'm not mistaken wasn't produced post '53), I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

And such a nasty end result! The stance is all wrong (wtf is going on with that back end?), and from what I could see they couldn't even be arsed putting any carpet down. Although I guess they would claim that was part of the "performance spec" of the car.......

They irritate the f**k out me - this time more than usual bearing in mind that as well as the bus I'm lucky enough to have an orange late bug rolling on Porsche 2 litre replicas!!

72bughomepage.jpg

It was the state of the backing plates on the rear drums that got me. Looked well rough. Wouldn't have took an hour to clean them up!

Pastelweiß said:

How it should of been done! Very 8)

Argument about it being a front mounted engine in a rear engined car got me. No mention of it being water cooled...

The rear hub 'failure' was obviously staged.

I think they deliberately jacked up the rear suspension to help give some more clearance on the Subaru oil pan. Again a cop out, instead of putting an aftermarket pan on. God knows how they managed to spend 15k on it!

It could be a nice car when finished properly though...

Jim

Latest posts