Classic car tax - Forms?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heebee_GB

Reaction score
The dvla have sent me a new reg number after importing my bus, but there was no free tax in there. Do I need to complete another form? Can I do this at the local post office?

Thanks. GB.

When you registered the bus with dvla did you present the
MOT and insurance? If so you should have got a tax disc? If you didn't that would explain it and in theory you should now be able to go to the post office.E

Cheers uber. That's what's strange. I sent off both and only the revised MOT and new reg sheet came back. (with insurance cert)
Dont know what has gone on there i guess Ill have to take it the post office.

Did you ensure you put 'Historic' in the taxation class?, is it an age related number plate?

I'd give them a call to see what has gone on, you won't be able to get a tax disc at the post office as the form for the number plate isn't sufficient proof the vehicle is yours.

Have you checked with the DVLA site that the number is registered and taxed?, maybe an oversight on their behalf, the tax disc is usually stapled to the receipt for £55.

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vnav_bar.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.refresh&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CheerS Graham, I will give them a bell.

Funny thing is is I paid in person and she took the forms off me. Looks like she's not given me it and I expected it in the post.

when i did mine they gave me a new tax disc and mot with the new reg on it
just pop to your local post office and they will sort you a tax disc out

Latest posts