Cleaning the headlining - what's good to use?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stueyd1975

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good product to bring up the headlining in my bus?

Thanks

THE WIFE, that is to say "a wife" usually your own equipped with high quality elbow grease, green pan scrubber and any good mildly bleachy surface cleaner, you have to provide cups of tea though or they stop working.

thats how i got mine clean it was filthy, other methods are available... 8)

Yep got one of those.. and she's a bit of scrubber so should do a good job. Cheers for the advice.

wet wipes ;) the cheap and nasty ones seem to work best 8)

i used jif from my kitchen cleaning stuff....but one tip mate do it gently with not alot of pressure cos they rip very easily as i found out...

good luck

Stueyd1975 said:
Yep got one of those.. and she's a bit of scrubber so should do a good job. Cheers for the advice.
Does she get on here to do any reading :shock: ;) Youll be in trouble

Trebors right u gotta be carfull if the mrs gonna look lol.

In my last job ( more than 10 year ago ) we used to use ambersil. Two different cans , fe10 and amberclense. Amberclease was a foaming cleaner and was superb for loads of stuff. I used to use it in my motors on the dash etc.
I recon it would be superb on a headliner. It foams up and gently cleanses and u just wipe off.
It was harmless , didn't seem to affect harshly on any surface I used it on!
Worth googling ?

Cheers for all the advice, yeah mrs not really clued up when it comes to VW's forms etc. :D

I used soda crystals in hot water and a pack of j cloths
Any stubborn marks rub the j cloth with a bar of vanish soap and go over the mark again
Worked well on my type 3 ,avoid the bleach based stuff as I was told it would rot the headlining

A number of years ago I used to use Decosol. It was first class for cleaning vinyl etc. Have just googled it and is still available !
Robert