Clutch Pedal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilblue1970

Reaction score
On a '70 Bay. Had to replace my clutch cable as it snapped. Got the right one for the year but I've wound it up on the transmission end and the clutch pedal doesn't return or feel like it's working. Am I correct in assuming that the tension on the cable is what returns the pedal or am I missing something? There's nothing wrong at the gearbox end, actuator-wise. No bend, no crack, spring is there and Bowden tube in place. Is it just the cable being too long?

Get somebody to work the clutch pedal while you lay under the bus so you can see what is or isnt happening.

Have you got the right bend in the Bowden tube?
Also, the cables are handed, not just a case of getting the right year, also need to check LHD/RHD.
1128257.jpg

Thanks for replies. Checked all the suggestions and nothing appears to be wrong. Trouble is, I can't find a diagram of the set up I've got. Mine has the brake pedal shaft running through the clutch pedal bracket on the chassis and a spring returns the brake pedal which works fine. I'll try and get some pictures when it's dry.

Latest posts