CO/LPG alarm. Anyone use one?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dico

Reaction score
Hi

We are spending our first night away in our camper this weekend. It was minus 2.5 last night in Saddleworth, so there's a chance the Propex heater will be on.
Can anyone recommend a suitable 12 volt alarm? I believe it is a CO/LPG alarm that we need. Quick look on Ebay and they're around the £60 mark. Don't mind paying that if that's what is needed. Just wondered what folk out there are using, if anything.

Cheers.

Any decent co alarm will do the job. Mine came with as part of the deal when I purchased
the fire extinguisher for the bus. £60 quid is not a lot of money when you think of what it is going to do.

J & P
:D :D :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONEYWELL-Carbon-Monoxide-Detector-Co-Alarm-H450EN-Home-Safety-Save-Lives-NEW-/251346521062?_trksid=p2054897.l4275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

we have one of these CO sensors. we also have lpg as main bus fuel - but have not fitted a gas sensor - yet!

Thanks for the replies.

jonboylaw said:
Do you have a gas dropout fitted (hole in the floor) ?

Hi. Yes we do. Am I worrying too much?

CO alarms should be mounted at breathing height according to the instructions that came with the one i bought, though when i fitted one to my westy years ago i mounted it at ground level.
I've only ever had it go off once in 10 years when the fridge blew out and refused to relight.

The one i got works off either 240v or 12v, though on the 12v setting it will go off when the engine is running and the sliding door or rear hatch is open. :?

LPG (before Burning) is heavier than air so if it leaks it has some where to go, hopefully out.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts