Colour choice....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr1ncognit0

Reaction score
My wife and I are having many discussions about the future colour of our van....

She wants...

u7ady5ez.jpg

I would like some blue in it....

u2emyteh.jpg

She has shown an interest in this ....

u8egyzyp.jpg

Got to be honest I think you can have too much pink.

tejugyny.jpg

I saw a deep metallic pink on a bug a while back which looked really (ish) good but can't find the colour or the colour. I feel that colour and white or cream is the only combo that seems to work on a van .... Does anyone have any 2 colour combinations photos that work? Also does anyone have an outline of an Earlybay so I can play with some colour combinations....

Shame there isn't an Early Bay in Forza 5 to paint....

http://www.busselecta.com/bus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My other bus

1tdo.jpg

Hi,
This question always crops up. Most will tell you to have the colour you want it's your bus, which is a reasonable answer - you ought to please your own taste.

But... if you use a random colour which is not stock - I personally feel it diminishes the bus in some way. This may appear a little anal, but some colour choices are so inappropriate and give a bus a cartoonish almost kitsch feel. Having said that, and not wishing to sound like a snob, taste is a personal thing, so I don't think there is no clear answer to your question.

However, a stock colour (for an early bay) is always a good bet, I don't think VW picked these colours out of a hat! They will always give your bus a classic, original feel, and if you sell the bus, the market is generally wider. A one off metallic colour is often so individualistic it may not be to everyone's choosing (taste).

I think there are a few notable exceptions to my theory, Mr Brightside on here changed his stock sierra yellow to a Chianti red (an earlier stock colour) with stunning results, and a Scandinavian bus was painted a kind of orange two tone which I thought was very well done (although not stock).

A pink bus - is the kind of colour choice Victoria Beckham would opt for (or an overtly homosexual gentleman who had a point to prove) :msn4:

My preference is stock, but its your bus..... :lol:

LV

I agree with all of the above ( although I would substitute Victoria Beckham for Katie Price ).
Pink is fine for little girls bedrooms , not cars . Are you going to be driving it when it`s pink ?

You're kidding right?
Is it april 1st already!

lobie said:
could always get a divorce mate and then paint just how you want :lol:

I would do what he says, but the other way round. First do what you want and the divorce will follow soon enough :D

Latest posts