Colours - what do i go for

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkish

Reaction score
Had most of my mechanicals replaced now, engine box suspension brakes you get the picture so time to start on the body work.

This isn't that bad really but taking the opportunity to do everything, rear arches need replacing botton 6 inches of sliding door and both front doors (and maybe bottom of front panel).

Now she is white over orange with white BRMs with polished details, do i re paint: Here's a pic

1/2 and 1/2 as currently
roof one collour then another up to the gutter
one colour all over

It should be noted that it has the westy roof hinged at the front :?:

:) imho I think that paint is such a personal thing that you've just got to go with whatever you want. If you change the colour or the swage line divide then you'll upset the purists but I think there's loads of nice busses out there that aren't in their original colours. Mine's about to get the velvet green treatment up to the gutters, I know it's not a colour for a '72 but I like it and I've got to drive it!! So there!! :D

Go with whatever makes you smile!

Looks good in it's current guise - if you like it then keep it!

If you're not overly-enamored with your current colours then why not change to another (period correct) VW shade?

;)

If does look good as it is to me,but if you do need to repaint whilst you're having the arches doors and front panel done,then why not change the colour? That way you get to have it exactly how you want.
What colour would you like it,maybe we could suggest an original shade of that colour?

Latest posts