convert to wide 5 and k+L beam

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhjackson

Reaction score
I'm converting my '70 bus to k+L beam.
Parts I have got...
K+L Beam, Leaves, trailing arms, spindles, wide 5 front drums

What other parts do I need to change the rear drums back to wide5?
Cheers

So is your bus build after August '69 as if so is your beam going to fit? -if it is a splitty beam then no

As for the rear, I have a bus built in last '69 (registered '70) and this came from factory with wide 5. If your bus is running norrow 5 then all you need is a set of Creative Engineerings conversion drums which will work with all the late small 5 backing plates, shoes etc...

Mine did originally have wide 5 but someone else converted it to narrow 5 to take advantage of late bay discs up front.

I thought that you could buy weld on adapters to make a K/L beam to fit as its only the top hole that is different?
Thx

rhjackson said:
Mine did originally have wide 5 but someone else converted it to narrow 5 to take advantage of late bay discs up front.

I thought that you could buy weld on adapters to make a K/L beam to fit as its only the top hole that is different?
Thx

Its the bottom hole thats different. I would weld on a piece of metal to a stock beam, they were designed for cb narrow beams.

My last post should have read i wouldn't weld one of those adaptors on. If you had something else made thats more suited to the profile and thinner metal on an og beam its possible.
A split beam is narrower than a bay beam. Someone on here has a split beam on a 68/69 monkeyspinner i think, as well as others.

Latest posts