Converting headlights

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as long as the bulbs are bright enough. it will need some extra wiring me thinks.

Ill be tackling this with MK1 lights this week ill try to take as many pics as possible. and if there are any issues ill report back.

six said:
would it be legal to run clear front indicator lenses. and have a orange and clear bulb in there? just save side lights in the main light?

Yep thats what I did, no problems with the mot man. Had to drill an extra hole in the housing for the sidelights but works great. Could find any single filament orange bulbs though so I ended up going to the hardware store and buying some ornage glass paint. Again, no problem s with the clear lenses as long as you take the coloured inner lense out.

I also ran a wire straight from the brake master cylinder as previously mentioned to get around the US rear lights problem and turned the rear e-brake lights into indicators. I had to play around with the terminals on the light switch to get the hazards to work properly but it was just trial and error really.

AFAIK hazards aren't a legal requirement for the MOT (well not here in N.I.) obviously you would want to get them working anyway but you will get through the MOT without them.

hazard warning devices are not required on vehicles used before april 1 1986 but i5 there is one fitted it must work

Latest posts