Could I bother you to sign a petition?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
signed for sure!!!
we lost a member of our club to a brain tumour just before christmas...so im right behind this!

Signed and confirmed and will spread the word

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.450902,-1.734211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thru_a_lupe said:
signed for sure!!!
we lost a member of our club to a brain tumour just before christmas...so im right behind this!

Sorry to hear that thru a lupe :( My thoughts are with friends and family <3

It seems to becoming much more common and people seem to think you can just zap it out, its a very difficult and cruel disease and needs to be researched. Things like a recent story line in Coronation street do nothing to help sufferers and some have been told they are making a fuss after being given 4 years till it kills them, people just don't understand how devastating it is :(

Apart from mobile phones being a possible cause, vinyls used in the car industry for seats etc seem to be linked with a type called meningioma, plastics in water bottles are linked with another type, I forget which as there are over 120 different types of brain tumour.

Sorry got into rambling there :roll: Thankyou for signing :)

Signed and confirmed.

My mother in law fell ill on August bank holiday 2010, had the op to remove it a couple of days later.

At that point we were told that due to age and the fact it was a grade 4 glioblastoma multijorme (think the spelling is right!) that she had 12 months max left. She had her last scan before christmas and got the results this morning - still clear and no new growth :D

Crazy to think so many people either have someone in the family or know someone who have been affected.

Nick

burns808 said:
Signed and confirmed.

My mother in law fell ill on August bank holiday 2010, had the op to remove it a couple of days later.

At that point we were told that due to age and the fact it was a grade 4 glioblastoma multijorme (think the spelling is right!) that she had 12 months max left. She had her last scan before christmas and got the results this morning - still clear and no new growth :D

Crazy to think so many people either have someone in the family or know someone who have been affected.

Nick

Wow Nick, she's really doing well GBM is usually 18 months tops, I befriended another Mum who's son was diagnosed after mine, young fit lad, but it got him after 9 months, so sad, its such a random disease but staying positive helps a lot :) We have the first scan after my sons radiotherapy tomorrow then the nerve racking wait for results :?

In the next year or so the stats are going to change and will show a more real picture at the moment there are 16000 diagnosed every year in the UK but these are only grade 3 and 4 they don't count 1 and 2 even though they are just as deadly. Its pretty scarey

Latest posts