SIGN THIS E-PETTION FOR CHEAPER PETROL AND DIESEL PRICES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice one fella's ;) once it reaches 100.000 they will have to take a look at the petrol price's and see there is some opposition. at the moment they just dont give a s**t because people have not stud up in enough numbers in protest before. they are and will always be quite happy to take the total p*ss out of us if nobody does anything.
i dont know about anyone else but for me it really is getting more and more difficult to afford to use my van for even local weekends away.

and i think its a bit two faced of the government to charge us all up the wall for petrol and insist it's for the good of the enviroment. well the obvious question would be what difference is it likely make for the good of the enviroment if american's are still running round in big six litre cars and paying peanuts for petrol ??. and how about china churning out ridiculous amounts of pollution every day, i know they cant force other countrys to toe the line but there's tons of stuff the government could do to cut back on green house gases and they don't because it wont pay. even if everybody in england give up driving it still would'nt make that much of a difference.

this petrol tax along with all the stupid taxes in this country have got less to do with the enviroment and more to do with us picking up the bill for all the governments stupid mistake's and ridiculous spending/borrowing
maybe things would be better if the people running this fine country came from the real world.

i am sorry if i offend anyone as this is not my intension, it's just my opinion.
all the best, chicargo

^^ If we all pay less taxes, wont we end up like Greece? :?

Fuel prices are bonkers, but the only realistic way prices will fall significantly is the price of crude dropping.
Ive cut my fuel bill down by getting the most efficient daily I could, within reason, and I now cycle 3 or 4 days out of 5 a week. All thats left then is the fuel in the van, which is expensive, but then you have to consider how far the poverty card can be played when owning a classic camper van worth thousands for high days and holidays? :lol:

Clem said:
^^ If we all pay less taxes, wont we end up like Greece? :?

Fuel prices are bonkers, but the only realistic way prices will fall significantly is the price of crude dropping.
Ive cut my fuel bill down by getting the most efficient daily I could, within reason, and I now cycle 3 or 4 days out of 5 a week. All thats left then is the fuel in the van, which is expensive, but then you have to consider how far the poverty card can be played when owning a classic camper van worth thousands for high days and holidays? :lol:

hi clem. like greece with half the debt written off, that might not be such a bad thing :lol: . and " how far the poverty card can be played" i certainly wasnt trying to play the poverty card but merely pointing out the fact that i am finding it increasingly difficult to find money to pay for petrol after i have paid everything that need's to be paid. i am far form rich and not so far from poverty and how i managed to own a " classic camper van worth thousands " is i bought my first van (a late bay) many years ago when the prices where very low, i then over a period of years slowy sorted it out by saving every penny i could and doing all the work that needed doing myself, the prices of vans went higher i sold my van and with the money from the sale of the late bay purchased my early bay at a good price. so you see just because somebody owns somthing worth a fair bit of money it does not have to say they are rich or can afford to pay stupid amounts for petrol. all the best, chicargo

If there was a more even balance of money in this country then there would be no need for the petition. But with 2% of the populous still owning 98% of the wealth, drastic change will never happen. Some years ago, a lot of people got fed up with it and sailed off in a boat called The Mayflower :D

Low n slow said:
If there was a more even balance of money in this country then there would be no need for the petition. But with 2% of the populous still owning 98% of the wealth, drastic change will never happen. Some years ago, a lot of people got fed up with it and sailed off in a boat called The Mayflower :D
i agree, its always from the start of time been a selected few people in a position of athority and wealth, and the rest of the population having to do the rich mans work and making the rich more rich and getting a few scraps thrown them to pasifie them for their efforts. badly wrong. all the best, chicargo

Latest posts