Critical Spares to Carry?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donallanwalker

Reaction score
Hey, all you long haul veterans, what critical spares should you carry on your bay for emergency break downs? :lol:

Hi,

Its a fairly common question to come up and has several threads covering every possible spare required
Have a look up at the search bar and I am sure you will find them

Many just rely on their recovery card and others have the odd spare

Here is one to get you started

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65850" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

and jubilee clips

and some wire (gardening and electric)

and a golf tee for plugging fuel lines

As the guys have mentioned ^^^ all of the above, but try re usable cable ties as you get a few cracks at it and if you are using them on other things on your bus then you can pinch one of these to help out. Rubber bands can be useful and bungee straps too. As well as your recovery card,, a credit / debit card might come in handy :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And a map with VW spares suppliers on it !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A good book and £10 note. Something to read while your chosen breakdown company delivers 5 litres of petrol, and £10 to pay for it. Really must get that fuel sender fixed this winter......

Anything you don't want to change at the road side is a good omen & a thorough check of your bus before you go!

I spent 4 months last year travelling through Belgium, France, Italy and Spain & had two breakdowns, both the coil lead popping off, didn't use the 5 fan belts, 2 fuel pumps , Clutch kit or the cables I took with me. I still have the can of fuel I filled up in France. :D

I all seriousness - most of the advice here is perfect, in particular.

- Phone
- Good breakdown recovery plan
- Some cash

You can list and list the best things to carry and there are no doubt some great bits mentioned above - however, you can be sure as eggs is eggs the one thing you don't have will be the thing that lets you down.

(this happened to me in France, and in the end, my phone, recovery and cash were the most valuable things I had with me).

Latest posts