How obsessed ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velgreeno

Reaction score
Hey folks. On a scale of 1 to 10, how obsessed are you with your buses with everything ? 1 being ahh if she runs then great, ooh i didnt notice that big rust hole there, and 10 being ohhhhhhh my goddd, Is! That! A! Speck! Of! Dust! or you can look at her from 10 foot or the cattleprod comes out so to speak 😬😳😆. Im hands down 10 and im always looking very closely all the time for things that need doing ha. Im not sure if i have a problem or if its natural for a VW nut ha. 😳😆 . How about you folks ? 🙂🤙

At the moment I would say I am a 5 or 6, when she is back to be all sorted I think I will get up to an 8 or 9.

But on "smells and sounds" when driving I am an 11. I forgot how much extra noise and smell(s) there are with classic cars! I went somewhere this morning, about 20 miles round trip along A roads and all my senses were at max level! What's that smell?!, what's that noise?!

Hey folks. On a scale of 1 to 10, how obsessed are you with your buses with everything ? 1 being ahh if she runs then great, ooh i didnt notice that big rust hole there, and 10 being ohhhhhhh my goddd, Is! That! A! Speck! Of! Dust! or you can look at her from 10 foot or the cattleprod comes out so to speak 😬😳😆. Im hands down 10 and im always looking very closely all the time for things that need doing ha. Im not sure if i have a problem or if its natural for a VW nut ha. 😳😆 . How about you folks ? 🙂🤙
In the sanitary and speck of dust department I’m about a one but in the mechanical sense of how well it goes and maintenance etc I reckon I’m about a seven. I saw a noisy cupboard on the weekend that was the nicest and cleanest noisy cupboard I’ve ever seen apart from freshly restoed. This one was painted bright jaffa orange paintwork including the noisy department, but with matching pipe work for vents and stuff. Looked ace

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,could do with upping my game by the sound of it. :cool:

Thats cool folks. Ooooh i sniff the air intake too ha. Not just for checking everything is good but in a strange way i quite like it. Then again i love the smell of an aircooled engine working good. Very odd 😆.@ozziedog ahh your bus is very cool so you dont have to up the game really 😉.

I'm definitely an air intake sniffer and always listening for new noises when driving it. That and a change in how it feels. Externally I'm not to fussed, it's still in its original paint, battle scars and all.
But naturally I have a huge list of jobs I'll get round to doing one day.

I'm worse on long drives, passengers fall asleep so music is down and I'm left alone with my thoughts. Miles of going along thinking about all the random things that 'could' go wrong. Smells drifting in from outside that you stress about or external noises that give concern. It can be a scary place :D

My daughter used to sit at the rear table and colour/draw. She had some felt pens that stunk of acetone(?) when she took the lid off. Stressed me out EVERY TIME!

Nostrils are always on high alert but I’d say I’m a 7 overall … competent at the necessary things now after being a complete novice back in 2016. I vowed to get that way after the wheel rear o/s wheel fell off on the one way approach to Abersoch on Easter Saturday🙈 stub axle thread was goosed. After sourcing a replacement from USA and replacing all wheel bearings, drive shafts etc we couldn’t believe how quiet the van was on our next journey 🤣 We thought all the previous noises were part of the adventure 🙈🤣👍

I usually get round to all the niggly things during the winter months. Prefer to be out and about all other times 👍

Couldn’t be anything over a 5 as I would never get it finished !!
Have to accept a level of unfinished or not up to scratch. Biggest unknown is bodywork. When my wallet is as big as the kahunas required …i’ll get it acid dipped and deal with the rot. Until then i’ll happily bury my head in the sand. 😎🌈👍

I’m probably a 1! Mine has been pretty much parked up since 2020 other than doing a wedding for a family friend.
I only done 4 miles last year.
I have got it up and running this year and gone for a few drives.
There are a few jobs that I need to get sorted so I have started to do them.
The biggest job is getting a more powerful engine.
I’m going to be busy over winter and hopefully using it lots next year.

Latest posts