Crossed up Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, in a bid to finally have this thread bang up to date, it's time for....

I Know What You Did Last Winter III

in which a pretty predictable plot unfurls before we rush into a hasty reveal and then we unmask the killer. Erm, shiney bus.
several guts were bust but no one was killed. oh, except for a honda. but we'll get to that :lol:

anyway, sand paper makes me cry and I last about five minutes into prep work but handily there's folk who find that sort of thing fairly zen so the plan (cunning or otherwise) was that I'd leave the proper painting graft and then do the mr. benn shop keeper bit to magically reappear for the reassembly.

In practice, the reality of a 3hr round trip to the unit and this happening to my daily

260320131753.jpg

meant that I didn't get up there as much as was planned but I did stick to the promise of reassembling the doors (nightmare job :evil: ) although we were all defeated by a couple of the window rubbers and had to resort to bribing a professional to help force them in. Oddly, the worst one was the windscreen which is usually fine :?

So it went from this

060120131679.jpg

to looking lovely in shiney paint 8)

030320131715.jpg

and starting to look like a bus again :D

060320131724.jpg

while round the front the first thing on was the lights and badge for the important preview (motivation builder :mrgreen: )

030320131719.jpg

030320131720.jpg

first door built back up and back in place

060320131726.jpg

and all the major panels back on :D

070320131727.jpg

Back together, back home and in the sun 8)

060420131801.jpg

060420131802.jpg

060420131803.jpg

:D

Got to say a massive thanks to alex and paul for their graft on it and still can't believe how amazing it looks.
Eagle eyed will have spotted that there's still a few bits to go on (belt trim and the like) plus there's the usual post-rebuild snagging list of stuff that worked before which now needs attention (some idiot, ahem, rebuilt the doors so that you only lock / unlock the cab doors from the outside and only the sliding door from the inside. I really shouldn't be trusted when it comes to bodywork.... :roll: :lol: ).

Also found that the calipers haven't taken kindly to a winter of inactivity and have decided to sulk and seize up. Managed to free them off enough to get the MOT but the nearside was starting to seize again before I even got it home so sorting the front brakes has also joined the to do list :|

But can forgive it a lot at the mo cos it looks ace :D

060420131804.jpg

spoonerdtg said:
Looks lovely, I take it your a lowenuf club member as im sure the crew cab bay is?

Yes, am a Lo'E'Nuf miscreant! :msn4:

Buss69 said:
Ahhhh, don't she look lovely :mrgreen:

Absolutely beautiful bus and lovin the GBs, really, really cool 8)

BTW Is the crew bus Toby's?

Does make me smile :D

Yes, the crew is Toby's army surplus beater. Is this about to be an it's-a-small-world moment?!? :lol:

Geeze said:
Yes, the crew is Toby's army surplus beater. Is this about to be an it's-a-small-world moment?!? :lol:

:D say hello to him for me when you see him next. Has he got a thread on here?

Can I also just add I'm super :mrgreen: that you've had your bus about a quarter of the time I've had mine and yours has progressed more, hmmm.

By the way I noticed you did your interior and then sprayed the outside of the bus. Was it a problem doing it this way round? I'm guessing it was just interior panels, seats etc so shouldn't have been too hard to take out, right?

Buss69 said:
Geeze said:

Can I also just add I'm super :mrgreen: that you've had your bus about a quarter of the time I've had mine and yours has progressed more, hmmm.

By the way I noticed you did your interior and then sprayed the outside of the bus. Was it a problem doing it this way round? I'm guessing it was just interior panels, seats etc so shouldn't have been too hard to take out, right?

Should see him Wednesday :D

He's Deconstructor here abouts (can't think why! :lol: ) and did start a thread here
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but in his usual style, having got that far it's then sat a while :!:

ideal world, would have completely stripped the bus back and then done it ground up with paint before interior. In the long run, it always works out better and cheaper to hit it full on and do it properly. But we want the bus on the road rather than another project in a garage so we've been running it as a rolling resto and doing stuff when it's wanted.
For a show bus, the interior needs spraying but its a family bus that's going to get parked on the beach and filled with kids, dogs, sand and god knows what so the original cloud white is good and we just did the outside (and door shuts, and inside the doors so can't really see much of the original inside paint anyway 8) ).

Geeze said:
Buss69 said:
Geeze said:

Should see him Wednesday :D

He's Deconstructor here abouts (can't think why! :lol: ) and did start a thread here
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34948" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but in his usual style, having got that far it's then sat a while :!:

ideal world, would have completely stripped the bus back and then done it ground up with paint before interior. In the long run, it always works out better and cheaper to hit it full on and do it properly. But we want the bus on the road rather than another project in a garage so we've been running it as a rolling resto and doing stuff when it's wanted.
For a show bus, the interior needs spraying but its a family bus that's going to get parked on the beach and filled with kids, dogs, sand and god knows what so the original cloud white is good and we just did the outside (and door shuts, and inside the doors so can't really see much of the original inside paint anyway 8) ).

Toby really does need to pull his finger out! :?

Latest posts