curtain rail in microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodge6x6

Reaction score
hi all
after some advise on curtain rails that im going to fit to my microbus.
bought some aluminium rails at volksworld show just wondering a couple of things,
1, how high have people got theres set above window rubber,
i understand curtain lenghts are usualy 22"
2, for the tail gate have you mounted to the tailgate or to the body of the van
so they hang independantly when tailgate open,
3, how the hell do you bend without breaking the bloomin thing around the sharp corner at the windscreen
4, with the sliding door are they fitted to the door bulge or above the bulge flat to the headlinner.

if anyones got any pics of there positioning would appreciate a look

thanks in advance Peter

IMG01958-20120412-1931.jpg

looks to be about 27mm off the bottom of the window rubbers..in my riviara

IMG01955-20120412-1930.jpg

the tail gate curtains are fixed to the tail gate with a spring type curtain runner. unlike ur side windows. this is top and bottom altho in the next pic u will see my top spring is missing but u can see the position of the screw bolt that would hold the spring apart and in place.

IMG01957-20120412-1930.jpg

this is the bolt on the top of my tail gate. so the curtain stays in place on the window even when u have ur tail gate open.

IMG01960-20120412-1932.jpg

for my Cali import riviara, the sliding door has pop fastener curtains its like this on all 4 corners and just one at the top in the middle. if it was not removable in this way ie curtain rails, can u imagine the mess on ur curains if u open the sliding door after running down a wet high way (road dirt)..
as for bending the curtain rail im no expert but i dont think it would work, ur hangers and sliders would get jammed as u will change the inside dimension when u bend it. try using seperate sections or use pop fasteners. good luck hope this helps u.

Latest posts