Customer Service

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i work in distribution to retailers and also have a lot of contact with joe public, we are a relativly small company comaperd to some in a fairly niche market with customers making price comparisons a "choice maker" even if the product is noticeably inferior to ours, BUT we often make the sales and retain the business once won because even if we are more expensive the thing that costs nothing is service....and has been our MD's mantra for ever.

and personally i read something donkeys ago that was attributed to the late Harry Secombe... "the measure of a man is how he treats another who is of no use to them" or words to that effect.

i think sometimes people do not call/return calls because they have not got what the customer wants or nothing to add to an ongoing order... it dose'nt matter as EASY says calling is easy and that customer will remember that although you stood to gain nothing from the call you still called.........................

Just want to add an additional thank you to VWHeritage (esp Alex) for their customer service yesterday.
Rang up first thing to order some new shocks and for some advice. The chap who answered conceded and said he would get one of his bay window colleagues to give me a call back.

I was a little impatient (and shortly going in to a meeting at work) so decided to call back after about 40 minutes. Alex answered and has sorted me out with what I need [naturally I forgot to order one thing, but that can wait :lol: ].

10 minutes later my phone buzzed again and it was Alex, returning the message from earlier that morning!

I'm always a little sceptical when someone tells me they'll get someone to call me back but true to their word VWH did :)

When I worked in halfords if we didn't have the part I'd send them to one of the local motor factors, my thinking being a he wants his car back on the road
b if I'm helpful he might return when he wants a stereo or bike or something.
Didn't exactly fit in with the company rules but hey. Unfortunately in a lot of places the bottom line is the priority

Latest posts