Customizing the look of my 71 (just a bit)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I have made some covers for the front bench seat and there not too bad at all. I was about to take a picture but ran out of daylight. Will post some pictures in the morning :D

sallyandsean said:
Today I have made some covers for the front bench seat and there not too bad at all. I was about to take a picture but ran out of daylight. Will post some pictures in the morning :D

Can't wait to see your handy work!

Hi all, Made these last night and Im very pleased with them
100_0837.jpg

100_0838.jpg

But then disaster, My dash has a crack in it! will patch it up this weekend :x
dashcrack.jpg

A bummer with the crack (no pun intended :shock: ).

Seats look spot on to me - a good job well done ;)

Well this took a lot more work to fix than expected but managed to get it fixed, just need to paint it now, again :roll:
Picture-1.jpg

71dormy said:
:D i like that grey ....
Me too :!:
Doing the whole van in it but at £50 a litre it expensive paint for whats at the end of the day just grey :evil:
looks good though :D

Tiki-Al said:
Bench seat is very clever, do you intend to have seat belts?
Yes, just taken some out of an old Merc van from work so will put some pictures on over next couple of weeks :D :D

Todays task is to make a rock and roll bed. I have some old hinges and some MDF so lets see if I can figure it out!!! :?

Here we go then, Not that bad at all to make and wood was free and hinges cost me £15 so all in all a cheap do! :lol:
Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Very happy bunny today, a friend of a friend has given me a 105ah wagon battery for my charging system :D

sallyandsean said:
Very happy bunny today, a friend of a friend has given me a 105ah wagon battery for my charging system :D

is it a deep cycle battery??

Which port of your charging system will the battery be for - if it is to replace your normal starter battery then it not being a deep cycle battery will be OK - if it is to be used as a sconed battery for leisure then it really needs to be a deep cycle battery.

Just trying to understand what it is for and you get the right one for the job (only helping honest :D )

gninnam said:
Which port of your charging system will the battery be for - if it is to replace your normal starter battery then it not being a deep cycle battery will be OK - if it is to be used as a sconed battery for leisure then it really needs to be a deep cycle battery.

Just trying to understand what it is for and you get the right one for the job (only helping honest :D )
Its for the leisure side, will it be no good? :(

Latest posts