Customizing the look of my 71 (just a bit)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, Today I have made a stereo box to fit under my seat as dont want to put it in the dash. Very happy with how its turned out so will put some pictures on in the morning :D

sallyandsean said:
Its for the leisure side, will it be no good? :(

As far as I know, it will work, but over a short period, it will be unable to hold a charge.
For a leisure I'm afraid it should really be a leisure battery that you use :(

Look forward to the pics of your head unit pod (or HuP for short) ;)

Just a thought :D Why not go to your paint retailer and ask for Commercial 2 pack paint if that is what you are using? They should have a huge range of colours and it should be much, much, cheaper ;)

BILLYBOB said:
Just a thought :D Why not go to your paint retailer and ask for Commercial 2 pack paint if that is what you are using? They should have a huge range of colours and it should be much, much, cheaper ;)
Will try that thanks for the tip ;)

Had a good productive day today. Patched up a couple of holes and made a new sil. Will put some snaps on as soon as I get some batterys in the camera!

Been a short while since I was last on so this is what I have been doing!

Last week I made a stero box in the front seat and Im very happy with it

I have also robbed the seatbelts from our work van thats going to the scrap yard and very happy with how they work

This weekend starting to prep for painting so will put some more pics on next week if all goes well :lol:

Been a while since I was last on, this week me and Paul are starting the final prep for painting. Going to start with a rust primer then a coat of reface hi build before rubbing down for final primer. Once we have done all this Paul will finish off with 2 pac colour and lacquer.
Once all is done will post some pics so wish us luck!!! :lol:

First coats of paint went on this week end by my mate Paul. Still not sure if I sould put the orange stripe on or leave as is in the grey??????
bay.jpg

Only sad people have stripes :lol:

Only kidding - agree it is a very solid colour so a strip might do the job ;)

Just put my pics on photobucket so thought I would see what people think!
Picture003.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-2.jpg

Picture006-2.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg

Big thanks to my mate Paul for all the hard work, will put some more pics on as it all goes back together!

Getting there now, nearly finished but does it need something more to the front? and what do you all think of the van overall? :D
Picture002-3.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg

Picture001-3.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Picture006-3.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Stripes :?:

Nice looking van - love the stance and the 'zorst 8)
Interior looks interesting too ;)

Yep - I like it so far :mrgreen:

:D
i like it really nice job mate and looking forward to seeing it
orange stripe though yo'all :lol:

71dormy said:
:D
i like it really nice job mate and looking forward to seeing it
orange stripe though yo'all :lol:
Done a photoshop thing, what do you all think of the stripe as Im really not sure??????
Picture003-2.jpg

Latest posts