Cutting out for the first 10 minutes...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daverob73

Reaction score
So, the bus is starting first time and running at idle. I wait on the drive for a few minutes.
Then I drive for 5-8 minutes and it cuts out when I stop at junctions.
I stop, wait a bit and carry on and it doesn't cut out anymore.

As it doesn't do it after a while, I guess it rules out a problem with a vacuum leak and the idle cut off valve. The idle jet is clear.

Does it take that long for a carb to warm up? Someone once told me they can ice up inside when you start the bus.

Would a better carb stop this?

Many thanks
Dave

Yes that's clear. Flushed the petrol tank too, so very little crap in it now.

It's a 34 PICT 3.
Funny you say that I was reading about the choke last night.
I haven't adjusted it, maybe the coil inside needs turning to close the butterfly valve. Or it could be not working at all.
I'll have a look and do some checking when I warm it up.

Mine has the reverse problem. Runs fine for 10 minutes or so and then starts to cut-0t. Anyone got any ideas?

gilbo said:
Mine has the reverse problem. Runs fine for 10 minutes or so and then starts to cut-0t. Anyone got any ideas?

Have you checked the idle jet? Its on the outside right of the carb and can be removed and cleaned without any other dismantling. Its a very small drilling and tends to be the first to block if there's any dirt in the carb.

Ok so it's sorted out. Turns out the carb wasn't up to the job. Got a new one fitted, bought it from Heritage (made in Brazil). Now it doesn't cut out at all.

Latest posts