daily driver ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Reaction score
Hey Guys & Gals, I am new here and would like to say hello to you all . :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss: :bliss:

Before last summer we bought a V.W based beach buggy and this has left me bitten by the V.W bug in a big way

I currently do not own a early bay but i am seriously considering buying one soon and i am on the hunt for the right one .I was wondering if any of you guys use yours as daily drivers and how do you find they are for this ?

Thanks in advance for your advice and tips .

this looks like a great forum and i am looking forward to getting to know you all

Scoooooooy doooooby dooooooooo !

Hey Scooby Doo, there`s a great one for sale at the mo, if I could just get Mrs Ozziedog to agree, I`d have it. It`s in the for sale at £10K, and it`s an aussie import. Looks as good as it gets for a RHD. Mrs Ozziedog has an accountants mentality I`m afraid, One man one bus that`s enough :shock: So welcome to the forum and you will not get a friendlier one and that`s for sure. I don`t use mine as a daily (too many miles) but I take him to work when I`m local if I can and the weathers ok, he`s put up with forty plus years of shit weather so i try to look after him a bit. Puts me in a real good mood when Sherbie (my bus) is out in the car park, and quite a few peeps come up and chat to me when I have a fag break in him :mrgreen: People want to talk about him and tell me they used to have one or they have a project or a more modern one, or they just want to talk to the weird grey haired hippy sat drinking coffee and smoking rollies and sat in an old bus listening to a mono radio but with a huuuuuuuuge smile on his face and so chilled he`s almost comatosed ;) there`s one or two on here that run an early as their daily and apart from winter (lack of heating) there don`t seem to be too many problems, so long as you ain`t in a hurry and leave 20 mins early ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Not the best role model for anything :lol: ;) :lol:

Hi Ozziedog,
Thanks for the welcome , will have a look at the one in for sale section, just seen so many over the last few weeks my head is full of them :D :D i just want one NOW !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: . I want one of those huuuuuuge smile too . 8)

BTW which one is the one you are talking about ?

There's nothing better than driving ya bus home after a shitty day at work!
They seem to make all worries disapear, and like Ozzie said they sure do put a smile on your face!
Are truck is part of the family now!

krusty said:
There's nothing better than driving ya bus home after a shitty day at work!
They seem to make all worries disapear, and like Ozzie said they sure do put a smile on your face!
Are truck is part of the family now!

Hi Krusty and thank you .
Thats another point towards getting one . (not that i need anymore points i just so want one ,,,,,the search continues :shock:eyes wide open not shock :lol: )

Look in the busses for sale bit, and I beleive it`s KevDonlon, 1970 rhd tintop deluxe. That bus is the mutts. Plus you got some photographic about what`s been done and a few other bits if you read all the posts. BUT !!! I reckon you`d have to be quick, as there`s someone else with a hankering for it by the looks of things :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Happy Hunting :mrgreen:

I drive mine daily for 6 months of the year then its into the workshop for welding the other 6 months..... i always find that vdubs need to be driven regular or they don't like it :) mines only let me down once in 3 years an that was when the carb blocked up.....

If you get one get one that's as straight as can be and you can't go wrong :)

Dave

Welcome to the forum buddy :)

I just have two points to weigh in here...

1) Do not rush in to buying one. Make sure you read up and learn about all the common issues to look out for (learning the not-so-common ones would help too :p ), otherwise you will end up with a lemon. Let us know your location (perhaps bung it on your profile) and when you find one you want to look at and hopefully someone local to you can come cast their opinion. Hey, maybe you can go have a peek at their bus too. So on top of this laboured point - don't buy something without viewing it first!

2) Unless you have bottomless pockets or can buy an absolute peach you have to expect some troubles in the beginning. Teething problems... My bay is supposed to be my daily driver (sold my old motor to help buy it!) and, well, the best laid plans and all that ;)

Either way, I love the rusty bugger that dwells on my driveway. It makes me smile just seeing out there every morning. They're a labour of love and you're going to have fun!

Latest posts