danbury buddy seat question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagboyblue

Reaction score
Not sure if I am going mad :roll:

looking at restoring my danbury interior and sure i have seen pictures of the buddy seats having back supports (mine don't) - the slide mechanism on these seats is really good but can see the point in moving them if the seats dont have a back rest :?:

can anyone give me more info on this??
buddy2.jpg

buddy1.jpg

cheers

Yep, it should have a back rest board ( both of the sliding seats should )
The back rests also form part of the bed set-up by laying between the sliding seats & the rear bench.

The Cpt is right, if you can make the big bed then you've got the bits to make the back rests -they just sort of slot in. You won't end up with anything that would pass modern health and safety but it does the job!

Just remembered that when I bought my van I got the original Danbury instructions on doing your many and varied bed and "day setee" arrangements. If you want a copy I'd be happy to sort one out- it doesn't explain doing normal seats but it is pretty entertaining trying out the different permutations.

Anybody else with a Danbury would be welcome too, just PM me your address.

I don't fully agree about the boards.

In mine i have the table and 5 boards.

2 fit between the buddy seat and rear seat and go each side of the table to make the bed along with a shorter piece to fit between the buddy seats.

The final 2 pieces are wider and have notches on each side where they fit into the back of the buddy seats. They will also fit between the buddy seats and back seat if you want to make 2 single beds.

You can also fit the short board between the seats in the cab (providing you have the rubber rests) to make a bench seat up front.

Olly might be right but I don't seem to have any boards with notches :(
But the spare boards just slip into the back of the buddy seat. :D

The shorter one goes on the driver's side which has a shallower slot. I've put some photos below so you can see what I mean. This might not be the right way of doing it but it seems to work and would be dead easy to copy
IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff212/emperorrosko/IMG_0900.jpg[/img]

Haven't got a scanner but I'll see if somebody can do it for me. If not I can easily post a photocopy- just PM me your address.

Yeh it does indeed seem that your van, Rosco, is missing the correct backrests.
The original cushions that were used on the backrests had sleeves or 'upside-down' pockets (if you see what I mean!) which then slotted over the tops of the wooden backrests, so that they (the cushions) stayed in position.
Someone else to bring in on this thread, if neccessary, would be 'Wannabay' as I know his van is 100% original, ie original cushions and all. :D

Doug

Bugger! Now I know I'm going to have to get some of those proper boards and I bet people who've got them don't know what they are unless they've got a Danbury and want to keep them...still half the fun is in the hunting.

yep the original boards are sort of t shaped the narrower end slides in to the base . on another note does anyone have a spare set of runners for these or know where i can get them minesa a bit knackered

have a look at these + sketch with measurements

height is same as table width
P2150003.jpg

can be used as a bed board

P2150005.jpg

in situ, note there is a ledge inside the seat on which the bottom of the board rests
P2150006.jpg

in situ with the back rest cushion showing the 'pocket' fitting
P2150008.jpg

ditto but out of the seat
P2150009.jpg

sketch with measurements
P2150012.jpg

Latest posts