Danbury buses......list??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjknight71

Reaction score
Hi all I have seen a few Danbury people on here, just though we could start an online 'list'?? :lol: to share our fetish :twisted: ......I have started a site up and added my bus if a few more people give the following I will list them then open up the site etc... i'm listing by reg number to help old 'fetishers' find their bus share tails etc...

Year:-
Reg Number.
Where it lives:-
Colour (past and present):-
Microbus/van:-
poptop/tintop:-
Walkthrough/bench:-
Engine:-
Mods:-

:cry: No longer have our orange and white Danbury
We had CCG 567K and sold her about 12+ years ago having had her for ten years. :cry:
Still hoping to find her again - know she is in Fareham somewhere on a SORN - If you see her let me know please - I would love to think that she is being restored :) Just to know that someone still loves her would be enough :) but to have her back would be even better :D
She rarely let us down, even towing a caravan up Birdlip Hill with a cylinder gone and getting us all the way home to Hampshire. :p
The Style Police - our oldest daughter -used to beg us not to pick her up from school in the van, but now even she wants it back because it would be 8)
When I find out how to attach pics. I will put some on.
EB

Heres a start to your list.

Year:- 1971
Reg Number. BOR 522J
Where it lives:- Oxfordshire
Colour (past and present):- Past - Assorted ?. Present - White over Lilac
Microbus/van:- Microbus
poptop/tintop:- Poptop
Walkthrough/bench:- Walkthrough
Engine:- 1641cc
Mods:- Lowered, Retrimmed Recaro seats in front. Retrimmed kick panels and door panels and carpetted front, electric windows, central locking, remote alarm/immobiliser, 1641cc with type 3 carbs and custom exhaust. Rear interior not done yet but will be trimmed in lilac and pine, 3/4 R&R bed, 15" TFT screen, DVD player, Playstation, Digital and analogue TV, Cooker, fridge and lava lamps!

thanks madman...sounds rather posh in there, I have added it we now have 3 buses yippeeeee :eek: ....a 1970, 1971 and a 1972!!!

Common people let us have some more.....dead or alive Danbury's...as much detail as you can

Also wanted tips on Danbury fittings....specs...original price lists......etc..etc..etc.

wanted technical tips articles.....how to fit the seat runners :evil: (mine came in kit form a bag of ball bearings and some strip runners and no idea where to fit them!!!)

Here's the details of our old Danbury. We sold it to Angus at The VW Camper Company (http://www.vwcamperco.com/index.html). I'm guessing it might be restored and even hired out in the future!

Year:- 1971
Reg Number:- YOU 600J
Where it lives:- Oxfordshire
Colour (past and present):- Past - White over Niagara Blue. Present - White over Niagara Blue but who knows...
poptop/tintop:- tintop
Engine:- n/a
Mods:- none (when we owned it)

here's mine

Year:-1971
Reg Number.NVX 759J
Where it lives;- London
Colour (past and present):- sierra yellow + pastel white
Microbus/van:- bus
poptop/tintop:- tintop
Walkthrough/bench:- w/thro'
Engine:- stock 1600
Mods:- lowered, BRMs

Got your 2nd PM! So what is the website? I started something similar with Bajas when i had one but my freewebs site ran out of pages :roll:

Year:- 1972
Reg Number. BSF820L
Where it lives:- Hampshire
Colour (past and present):- Chianti Red + White
poptop/tintop:- Poptop
Engine:- 1600cc
Mods:-Twin 36 DRLA's, 4into 1 stainless exhaust with motorbike silencer, leisure battery with split charge relay.

danburylayout.jpg

danburyprices.jpg

100_2723.jpg

100_2724.jpg

Ok, here's mine. :D

Year: 1972
Reg Number: KJB 410L
Where it lives: New Forest (Hampshire)
Colour: (Original) Pastel white over Baby Blue. (Note: I keep forgetting the blue, I think it is Baby Blue, but will check again).
Microbus/Kombi/van: Microbus
Poptop/tintop: Tintop
Walkthrough/bench: Walkthrough
Engine:Stock 1600
Mods: None. 100% original interior.

I collect Danbury literature and have a small selection.

I'm happy to photograph any parts of the interior of my bus to help other owners with theirs, if it helps, although I know there are others on here with buses that also have their complete original interiors. :D

Doug

Love the old catalogues and pics. Half pint - they make me very happy :D Think I will search e-bay to see if there are any old catalogues etc. on there - never thought of looking for them despite the fact that I have loads of old cooking gizmos, still boxed, like Talawear icing set, pyrex frothy choc plunger, and other stuff, plus lots of old 1940s/50s knitting patterns - can't knit either. Just collect anything - hubby calls me Lady Steptoe :roll: - loads of old books really old like 1800s - flat irons, Top hat and tails, china bedpan, lots of pre-war stuff. windup gramaphone and records to go with it. Still have all the vinyl and a 'radiogram' all working...............
not too much to ask ..just to have an old bus............ :|

Where are you CCG 567K

Hi

Year:-1972
Reg Number.NLK 911K
Where it lives:- Romford, soon to be Burnham on Crouch
Colour (past and present):- Past baby blue, Present Dolphine blue
poptop/tintop:- Tintop
Engine:- 1641cc
Mods lowered, newly upholstered mats, kick panel interior cushion, scat shifter - soon to add dual carb upgrade

Great stuff :p , so far we have........
4x 1972's :D
3x 1971's :eek:
1x 1970's :)

Keep them coming.. :lol:

I am doing it on a wiki so anyone can add stuff once they become a member, just trying to build a structure from supplied info then will put up details then everyone can add add add...I'm not an expert (some may know this from my attempts to pm :oops: ) so it must be easy!!!

I like the leaflets etc...maybe get them scanned etc and add them to the site!! :wink: :?:

here's mine

Year:-1970
Reg Number:-CPG 330H
Where it lives:-Newquay
Colour (past, present and always):-montana red + cloud white
Microbus/van:-Microbus L
poptop/tintop:-tintop
Walkthrough/bench:-Walkthrough
Engine:-1641 (I think) with a Weber 40DCN on a Deano Dyno-Saurs manifold
Mods:- welcome, as are Rockers :lol:

Could be wrong but I think all Danbury conversions were based on walkthrough microbuses. There is an M-code for Microbus without seats!

We now have 9!!!! :shock:

Early bay Danbury's are rare :lol: except the '72s trust me to have a common one :wink:

1970 x2
1971 x3
1972 x4

Welcome to the second 1970 and our first 'H' plate :eek:

Where are the 1969's :?: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C C G 567K IS FOUND

Sharp eyed Wolfie girl has seen her on a restoration site, so I have e-mailed them to see if current owner will sell - even if he won't at least she is loved by someone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :

Year:-1971
Reg Number. MDH 164J
Where it lives:- Brummagem
Colour (past and present):- Niagra Blue (now Baghdad Beige but going back to blue soon!)
Microbus/van:- Van
poptop/tintop:- Poptop and proud
Walkthrough/bench:- walkthough
Engine:- 1600 (soon to be balanced 1641 with twin 40s)
Mods:-none as yet though past owner had bright idea to cut holes in rear bench seat and install little doors on hinges so you can get into storage without moving cushions.

Van is going off the road this year for a full resto and repaint - cant decide wether to paint it blue up to the bodyline or roofline? Also chasing any interior items I can find so if anyone knows of a working cooker, decent sink, coolbox, rear wardrobe or water tank going let me know!

the van in its original paint
bayview.jpg

the engine that my bug is kindly donating
CIMG4029.jpg

Could be wrong but I think all Danbury conversions were based on walkthrough microbuses. There is an M-code for Microbus without seats![/quote]

Hello Montana :D

Certainly most of the early bay Danburys were based on Microbuses, but Kombis were also used. My parents' Danbury was a Kombi.
The late bay Danburys were, on the whole, panel van based conversions. :D

Great to be seeing more Danburys 'popping up'! 8)

eileanbreagha said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

C C G 567K IS FOUND

Sharp eyed Wolfie girl has seen her on a restoration site, so I have e-mailed them to see if current owner will sell - even if he won't at least she is loved by someone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :

Yay! So pleased she's been found! :D

Latest posts