Danbury buses......list??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 buses.... :shock:
4 members on the site..... :shock: :shock:

Great to see you all

...and still '72's are common....off to buy a LHD white westie :lol:

I will get some pictures of my bus up soon...although someone has put pictures of a nice shiney red one up :x :wink: ...so may wait a year or two till it is shiney :oops:

Please keep adding new buses...there must be a 1969 out there surely and lots more '71s :wink:

The interior plans are excellent...I know what to do with all the bits of wood now!!!

Adverts etc would be good too.....anything really...and please update the history as you see fit kombi/ van/ microbus details etc......what is the difference between a kombi and a microbus :?: my V5 says 7 seat microbus..........post answers on the on the site :wink:

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I'm on 8) though I've gained a : :roll: still picture on there, bit of an old one I'm afraid but all I can find at work :lol:

hey hey i have a danbury

XYE 459G
bury st edmunds
it biege with white roof
microbus i belive
tintop
walkthrough
1600cctwin port bottom end started clonking six months ago and still going sound rather unhealthy
empi 5's lowered not the nom but i love it...

mjknight71 said:
......what is the difference between a kombi and a microbus :?: my V5 says 7 seat microbus..........post answers on the on the site :wink:

Hello mjknight :D

The microbus is basically a higher spec version of the kombi. Ways of telling the difference... the microbus has the same side panel trim in the back as on the cab doors. The cab doors on the microbus have ducts that connect to air vents on the bulkheads behind the front seats. The kombis don't have these. There are grab handles in the rear on microbuses. There are other detail diferences in trim, such as microbuses have a black plastic cover that fits over the spare wheel in the rear, and the headlining in the rear comes down and over the window surrounds.
The kombis were supplied without a headliner in the rear, so Danbury and other converters would have fitted their own. The window surrounds in the rear on kombis were bare metel, in a greyish colour matt finnish. From the factory the side panels in the back on kombis were just a plain brownish colour. The converters would cover these side panels. Danbury used a white/grey type material. :)

Obviously over the years some buses have been changed about by their various owners, so you can check the original spec by looking at the chassis number. On the microbus it will start with 22, the kombi is 23, and the panel van is 21. There are variations, such as a deluxe microbus which is 24 etc.
Don't take too much notice of what it says on the V5, as a kombi will often be described as a microbus and vice-versa. :D

Sorry for the long winded answer! :oops: And I just noticed you asked for answers to be put on the site. Feel free to edit and paste this on the site, or I'll put it on later. :D

Doug

mjknight71 said:
Doug, thanks for the info...I'll leave you to add it :wink:

Will do! :D

By the way, today, when I visited some fellow friends from the JK forum at a local campsite, a beautiful 69/70 Danbury pulled up. It is a kombi based bus, complete with its mint original interior, bar the lino on the floor and carpet on the engine deck.
The owner isn't really into forums, but I'll pop some pics up of his bus on the site as soon as I can sort some issues with my pc out. :D

thanks just had look tried to sign in but i couldn't password didn't match and i can't get in my email to find out

hi i am new! i have a danbury poptop!!!!!

year: 1972 crossover

reg: chl 506k
colour: grey primer at present!!
lives: gosport hampshire
mods: none at present.

thanks

jason

Jason, you bus has been added :wink: ......please join the wiki and add more info, piccies etc...

.......we are up to 12 :eek:

:arrow: :arrow: http://vwdanburycamper.wetpaint.com/

saw a Danbury top locker on Viz :?:

Just to keep this thread 'stoked' and to make you all drool, here are some pics of a lovely mint early Danbury I came across last weekend.
It is based on a kombi, and has its full original interior. 8)

Sadly the owner isn't really into forums etc, so I doubt we'll see him putting all the details onto the website, but I'm sure he won't mind me sharing these pics with you all. :)

Picture454-1.jpg

Picture455.jpg

Picture450.jpg

Picture445.jpg

:D

mustard72 said:
thats a very nice looking early danbury!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I was fortunate to see it, as I was just making a brief visit to catch up with some fellow dubbers who were on a camping weekend, when this bus turned up, also just making a brief visit! 8)

Welcome to Early Bay by the way. Nice meeting fellow early bay and Danbury fans! :D

thanks for the welcome doug! i am off to yorkshire now for the bank holiday weekend, but have my camara in case i see any nice danburys!!!!!! hope you all have a nice weekend and the sun stays shining!!!!!!!!!

jason

Danbury Doug said:
Just to keep this thread 'stoked' and to make you all drool, here are some pics of a lovely mint early Danbury I came across last weekend.
It is based on a kombi, and has its full original interior. 8)

Sadly the owner isn't really into forums etc, so I doubt we'll see him putting all the details onto the website, but I'm sure he won't mind me sharing these pics with you all. :)

Picture454-1.jpg

Picture455.jpg

Picture450.jpg

Picture445.jpg

:D

lovely bus - what colour is that?

Only just found this thread!

Here's my Danbury details:

Year:- 1972
Reg Number:- KYT 432K
Where it lives:- Reading
Colour (past and present):- Neptune Blue (but currently undergoing restoration/repaint)
Microbus/van:- Kombi
poptop/tintop:- Poptop
Walkthrough/bench:- Walkthrough
Engine:- 1641cc
Mods:- Twin Kadrons, stainless quiet pack, electronic ign, lowered, polished Empi 5's, home brewed interior

Latest posts