Dash light bulb replacement

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is, but you will need to take the gauge mount out. Undo the 4 screws in each corner and it lifts straight out.

Don't pull it off as everything will still be connected but you will have plenty of room to change the bulbs.

Is there just one bulb? I thought there may be two or three. I've got no dash light and thought it was a wiring issue, but if it's a single bulb then maybe it's just blown.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

The warning lights work, just the dash illumination that's out. I've tried twisting the headlight knob and it didn't work, so I'm thinking, wiring, fuses or broken rheostat (or variable resistor or whatever it is behind the headlamp knob), unlikely to be multiple blown bulbs but worth checking :)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

i replaced the dash bulbs from round the back without unscrewing anything. it was a total arse of a job and not helped by having spades for hands but it is doable

I've twisted the knob and no lights, also fuse is ok. 8 bulbs?! Crickey. I'll have another look tomorrow as I want to get it resolved. Must be more of a wiring issue as I can't see all 8 bulbs being out. I have my genny light on constantly as well but the generator works fine so may be wiring.
How much do I know about auto electrics?..............nil!

Will do.
The only other dash light that works is the parking light indicator. I think I might have to find a local auto electrical person if I can't get it sorted.
The genny light on constantly gives me the Tommy tits as well.

The genny light on constantly gives me the Tommy tits as well

could be a faulty regulator?
my buses ignition light stayed on after engine was running so changed the regulator and all fine now,found the same problem when i had my first aircooled 20yrs ago,a 68 bug 1500 with original factory fit sunroof,nice car but i was young and needed more POWER!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
so sold it and regretted it ever since!!! :cry: :cry:

I had a quick look at the regulator and the wiring does look a bit dickey! Might get a chance tomorrow afternoon to look a little closer.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's just the regulator

Latest posts