Dellorto 36DLRA Carbs....Reviews Please.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamBrian

Reaction score
I'm toying with fitting a pair of 36DLRA carbs onto my van's 1641 but could do with some advice first. I've used 34ICTs a few times in the past with success but now fancy trying something else. Eurocarb could be the supplier of choice. What do you reckon? Cheers.

Superb. Bolt them on and set them up/get them set up. Then fly up hills, steam along on the flat, use less petrol and no loss of reliability.
One of the best things Ive ever changed on a van.

I've run 36 DRLA's, IDF's (Alfa versions) and 40DRLA's on many small engines over the years.... Great upgrade to any VW... Just keep a close eye on clean air and fuel, and reliable fuel pressure.... Once you get a handle on how to keep them running sweet, you will be rewarded royally.

Great additions.

I've ran 36 DRLA's and 44 IDF's on my 1776cc and also 48 IDF's on my 2276cc

Both the IDF range and also the DRLA are ACE carbs and well eorth investing in. :mrgreen:

I had 36 IDF's on a 1600, could not recommend them more! Mated them to an 009 (german) with a 4 into 1 exhaust and it was great, so much more throttle response and noticeable power increase. Keeping them clean was important though. Can't wait to start running my 48 IDF's on the stroker either :mrgreen:

Btw, the sound is nice too ;)

My advice would be, do your research on what chokes ,emulsions and jets you need as if you gotta replace all those it'll cost you well over a ton new.
And use a fuel pressure regulator and good filters as said above.
Also the dellorto book by bob Tomlinson is a great source of info.
I love my drla's :mrgreen:

Thanks to all for the comments and advice. An order is winging its way as we speak :D

Latest posts