• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Deluxe rear bumper trim WHY?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjknight71

Reaction score
Repro or genuine.....unused :lol: or slightly abused :twisted: ....

....what have you got :?: :?:

OR best place to buy repro from :?:

Come join the revolution.......................

:arrow: :arrow: http://vwdanburycamper.wetpaint.com/
:arrow: :arrow: http://vwdanburycamper.wetpaint.com/

i think custom and commercial do a set, around £280ish from and back, they are the rounded earlier bevel and not the flat arrow shaped trim.

Johnny said:
i think custom and commercial do a set, around £200ish from and back, they are the rounded earlier bevel and not the flat arrow shaped trim.

really? couldn't find any on their site, but it is still early... not fully awake yet

I couldn't either :?

Emailed VWheritage they dont have any at the moment and no delivery date...Custom and Commercial haven't replied (yet)

Anybody :?:

I have a new set of fronts, 1 1/2 sets of original belt line trim (you know how it is :wink: )

Someone must have a reasonable set :lol: even splitty long rears would do :?:

You need to get the catalogue, theres 10 times as much stuff in there as they have on the site, its strange but most custom parts suppliers dont have the full range online, when actually it should be infinitely easier to update an online catalogue than a printed version :?

In C&C catalogue page 40 Parts no. SO2164 £139 and for the rear SO2182 £139 which includes inserts.

Emailed Coolair too...so we shall see :shock:

Saw the C&C ones but 'out of stock' (well they got big red cross next to them...just like my Maths homework :wink: )

............hoping for a reply to the emails to see when they will/if be re-stocked :?:

Anyone had any repro...recomend C&C or Coolair :?: :?: :?:

i phoned c+c about rear deluxe trim the other week... reply was "we've got none and our supplier has stopped making them so we don't know if we ever have them in again" :(

ant said:
i phoned c+c about rear deluxe trim the other week... reply was "we've got none and our supplier has stopped making them so we don't know if we ever have them in again" :(

:cry: :cry: :cry:

noooooooo wheeeeyyyyyyy!!!! :x

I bought some great repro inserts from a foreign trader at Stanny Hall.

I had the front inserts at £40, he kept the rear inserts at £60 as mine are nos and good. First Ive ever seen.

i think we need to hunt down a foreign supplier. I assume they were a european option only with the US getting overriders?

not sure johnny, My fronts came from some bloke in alabama.

If someone made a mold and short poroduction they would make killing for sure.

I spoke to creative about this also and they said that the split ones they produce will not fit an early bay bumpers.

I thought the profile was the same?.....

The conclusion i came to was to get a split rear bumper and get some split deluxe bumper trim.

When at Karmann Konnection a month or so back they had a pair of rear trim minus the rubbers @ £200.

They were the later flat profile rubber type.

I also have the contact details of a guy who makes the repro rubbers ( got them on mine and spot on ) just in case someone buys them.

Looked like the same rubbers that Clem bought at Stanford Hall as I noticed them also, however you would be buying direct and make a saving inc posting. Off the top of my head a full set was about £60.

VWheritage
C&C
Coolair

all no stock and no dates if ever :cry: :cry: :cry:

£200 from KK and FBi...cannot believe there isn't some 1/2 decent (£££££) repro or 2nd hand stuff about.

Splitty route well yes was an option as you can get the late splitty bumpers from VWheritage but where do you get the trim..stuff in US is generally 'short' and no repro stuff again....

......maybe put overriders on the back :? Being highly organised I have four just in case I didn't like the trim option.... :idea: or overriders and short splitty trim hmmmmmm......

........would that work :?:

mjknight71 said:
VWheritage
C&C
Coolair

all no stock and no dates if ever :cry: :cry: :cry:

£200 from KK and FBi...cannot believe there isn't some 1/2 decent (£££££) repro or 2nd hand stuff about.

Splitty route well yes was an option as you can get the late splitty bumpers from VWheritage but where do you get the trim..stuff in US is generally 'short' and no repro stuff again....

......maybe put overriders on the back :? Being highly organised I have four just in case I didn't like the trim option.... :idea: or overriders and short splitty trim hmmmmmm......

........would that work :?:

Late euro splitty rear deluxe trim (65-67 I think ) is the same as on early bays. The euro is the long type not the short and keep an eye on ebay a it comes up evey now & again or post a thread on

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/index.php

As for the states you won't find the trim as not an option over there as deluxe vans were fitted with over-riders instead.

Late euro splitty rear deluxe trim (65-67 I think ) is the same as on early bays. The euro is the long type not the short and keep an eye on ebay a it comes up evey now & again or post a thread on

this what i thought, thats why i was surprised when dave palmer(creative) said that the late split and early bay bumpers had different profiles................ Hmmmm confused!!

Again not cheap

http://shop.volkswarenhaus.de/index.php/cat/c172_body-trim---seals.html

ant said:

this what i thought, thats why i was surprised when dave palmer(creative) said that the late split and early bay bumpers had different profiles................ Hmmmm confused!!

:?: I think late split bumpers are/have flat/s (available from JK and VWheritage) and early bay are round :?:

e121 for each side repro hmmmmmmm over £100 :!:

a 2nd hand pair come in at £95 +shipping which is better :? :?
May go the split route new bumper and trim :?

Don't quote me but I'm fairly certain that late split bumpers don't fit early bays.

Your best bet in honesty is keep an eye on ebay as they do turn up, I spotted these not that long ago.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7099

Also try german ebay as well.

It took me a while to find a set but worth it in the end as only paid £100 for both front & rears.

Mike

Creative Splitty Euro Spec trim is £95ea...so £190 a pair :mrgreen:

The splitty bumpers are sold as EB replacements ( :?: need different mounts etc :?: ...I got a tow bar so would need mounts anyway)

.....anyone found some rear trim in the shed :eek: :?: :eek:

Latest posts