Deluxe Window Rubber Trim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac

Reaction score
Do people fit original metal trim into new window rubbers or use the repro plastic stuff.

I've refitted the front and rear screens with Status rubbers and the original metal trim with no problem, but when i tried to re-fit a side 3/4 one, it was a right pig and wasn't happening, i ended up with the repro trim in which is now creased in the corners.

original rubber has a 'C' mould to accomodate the metal trim and the new rubber has a 'T' mould to accomodate the plastic repro.

Have i just been lucky with the first two, what do people do ?

I have 3 windows to re-fit this weekend :(

I want to reuse my original metal trim but have been putting to job off for months.

what way are you working the rubber? heating it, lubricating it? are you using the correct tool to insert the trim?

Not using any tool but i can get the trim (on the straight sections) to fit no problem, it's the corners keep wanting to pop out. The last one i tried, the corners can out when fitting the window assembly into the frame and i couldn't get to it to budge once the rubber compressed.

Not sure if lub would help or hinder the trim ? Fitting the assembly into the frame is easy bit, keeping the trim in isn't.

i tried too help a friend do this job.he had new rubber and trim from c+c.we had rubber lube and fitted trim first.we couldn't fit them all because they were to tight.its a job i need to do myself and im not looking forward to it.are status seals a better fit?

I had heard Status were the best seals to buy, so I did, and they seem a good fit.

Just fitted the front screen today after having a new headliner fitted, went in no problem and the original metal trim fits really well. Got the side ones to fit next but the metal trims not sitting well, gonna try to fit it better tomorrow but i might have to use the plastic repro one.

Couldn't get the metal trim to fit well at all so ditched it (unfortunately) and used plastic.

What a Bast**d the 1/4 light and 3/4 length window were to fit, nearly gave up for the night after 2 hours...... Last attempt got it in.

One more set to do when i've refurbished the replacement quarterlight i needed.

One piece window on the other side flew in.

Status rubber is definately the way to go.. 8)

They were out of stock and I needed a side rear window rubber for mine urgently so I got one from C & C...the fit is poor :(

Latest posts